Responsible for the implementation of healthcare strategies and driving patient health outcomes. Executes patient intervention pharmacy programs and ensures compliance of clinical pharmacy services. Responsible for executing against identified partner-established pharmacy programs. Drives Pharmacy financial performance by executing on pharmacy programs to maximize reimbursements while improving patient health outcomes. Fosters strong relationships with medical communities in assigned area and acts as a representative and liaison of the company. Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to other pharmacists and field leaders. Maintains current knowledge of Pharmacy industry and maintains required licensure.
- Implements direct patient care programs, including but not limited to Medication Therapy Management programs, Immunization Services, and Payer and Pharma Adherence & Clinical Programs. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects to ensure business needs are being met.
- Drives compliance and continuous quality improvement in the delivery of clinical pharmacy patient care and services by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; monitoring and analyzing results; and implementing changes. Helps ensure area Pharmacies adhere to regulatory compliance, standard operating procedures and FDA regulations.
- Drives regional pharmacy financial performance by aligning business strategies with company financial goals. Implements and executes patient intervention pharmacy programs to maximize financial performance.
- Supports efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and retail, clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, disease state management and Specialty programs).
- Provides expertise, resources, education and support to pharmacists and field leadership. Supports staff training experiences and development opportunities. Promotes teamwork and motivates Pharmacy staff by fostering a shared vision and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Performs other work consistent with the job responsibilities in this document as assigned by management.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems such as Intercom Plus, registers, automation, StoreNET to provide support to customers as well as pharmacy staff.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in retail and management and pursues best practices that would enhance performance.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with area medical communities including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote the pharmacy business and further enhance growth opportunities.
- Attends training and completes E-Learning Modules requested by Manager or assigned by corporate.
- BS in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) from an accredited educational institution.
- Current Pharmacist licensure in the states within the areas/regions or licensure by time of start date.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).