Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Under the direction of the Regional HIM Director, the HIM “Leader” is responsible for managing, coordinating, and performing the day‐to‐day operations and workflow of the facility based HIM operations. Assists the Regional HIM Director with the oversight and implementation of facility related HIM Service Center (HSC) operational planning, service level agreements, budgets, workflow processes, and internal controls. The HIM Leader actively participates in the facility based unbilled management process and resolution of issues contributing to unbilled accounts. This person serves as a promoter of the HSC and is the on‐site “face” of the HSC.
Operational Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Responsible for managing facility based HIM operations and staff including, but not limited to, record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, hardcopy retrieval of medical records, tumor and/or trauma registry, and processing of birth certificate/paternity papers as applicable. Routinely assists in the performance of facility based HIM operations including, but not limited to, ad hoc record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, and hardcopy retrieval of medical records as needed.
- Performs facility unbilled activities including physician query follow up, physician incomplete record follow up, collaboration with facility department leaders in monitoring and working unbilled reports, working the applicable HPF queues, working the applicable unbilled management reports and queues, (e.g., DET/eRequest, Bill 49) and management of HIM operations unbilled processes.
- Works all applicable HPF workflow queues (includes, but is not limited to, the Facility HIM Department Queue, all Coding Pend for Queues, Review Queues, Unknown Document Queue, Cancelled Accounts Queue and all Wait for Workflow Trigger Queues) according to established workflow guidelines and schedules.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Staff and Facility Leadership to comply with standards and guidelines enforced through the Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules and Regulations (e.g., suspension of privileges) and is responsible for facilitation and execution of physician notification processes regarding medical record documentation deficiency, delinquency, and physician suspension.
- Undergraduatedegreerequired, strongly prefer a Health Information Management degree
- A minimum of one year of HIM department experience is preferred; three or more years is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of one yearhealthcare management experience is strongly preferred.
- EPIC experience is preferred.