Under the direction of Manager or Director, the principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Coordinate large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives. Supervise completion of ad hoc and production analyses and reports in support of major corporate programs such as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Account reporting, quality and cost of care, provider performance, clinical outcomes, care program operations and efficiency. Overall support and guidance for internal/external audits, marketing analysis, legal and regulatory requests, as well as other analytical processes. This may include some or all of the specific skills and functions below:
- Communicate predictions and findings to executive management through effective data visualizations and reports.
- Big thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measureable metrics and then execute those plans.
- Lead undirected research and frame open ended questions.
Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same. Proven ability to lead and manage at senior levels without direct authority. Ability to communicate complex statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form. Conduct training and knowledge transfer in data science. Offer advice and direction on data anomalies and issues.
Recommend cost-effective changes to existing procedures and strategies. Work closely with clients, data stewards, and other business and technology leaders to frame problem definition and potential solutions. Contribute to the continual improvement of the department by developing efficient methods for extracting data from source systems, interpreting and summarizing results, and developing neat and accurate end-user reports. Generate clear and concise documentation for all projects. Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
Perform individual and team administrative duties including status reporting, daily project time reporting and self/peer/project assessments.
This position will have up to 8 direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a closely related field or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
- 7+ years of experience in data analysis, modeling and reporting
- Expert programming experience with R, SQL, SAS, or similar stack
- Proficiency at transforming data, data classification and translations, as well as resolving data quality and data cleansing challenges
- Excellent research, analytical, written and oral communications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work with new technologies
- Intermediate design work and/or use of relational databases including experience working with dimensional modeling, star schemas and time-series data
- Demonstrated proficiency with multiple reporting applications and tools, including MS Excel, Access, Word, SQL/database querying, SPSS, business intelligence applications
- Experience managing, mentoring or leading others
- Experience with healthcare data and systems
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
Department: Healthcare Analytics Quality
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job ID: 10303-1A