Health Informatics Consultant-PHO000KL
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
The Government Informatics Consultant will project manage the data modeling process for projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs. Also, this role uses its expertise to provide the technical review of data, manage tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client. To fulfill this role, the Government Consultant will:
- Participate in initial meetings with client or project lead to define the scope of the project. Provide insight and expertise on defining the data models, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different models. Take detailed notes on client calls, to ensure accurate information collected to determine project and data scope
- Initiate the data model architecture, evaluate the project scope to determine if can update an existing data model or if need to create new data model. Define data architecture based on project scope, insight from the project lead and direction for the project's actuarial advisor. Ensure data model architecture captures the full scope of the project, adheres to actuarial best practices and is flexible enough to make future adjustments.
- Provide staff clear direction and defined timelines. Share knowledge with junior staff and provide junior staff training as needed to complete project tasks. Act as resource for support staff, answer questions, provide work arounds for obstacles that arise
- Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis). Understand the reasons and impacts of data anomalies and exceptions on the analysis in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead. Think through data issues and formulate possible solutions. Communicate data anomalies with project and client team and provide insight, expertise and direction on address issues regarding the data anomalies.
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously to include the following: organize project work flow and delegate project tasks to junior staff; manage the quality and timeliness of project deliverables; ensure client deliverables are client ready
- Work directly with client to clarify project scope and be resource for client to answer project related questions
- Participate on interviewing teams and/or act a mentor for junior staff
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum five years of industry experience required
- Through understanding of healthcare data.
Experience using SAS, SQL or equivalent programming language
Knowledge of MS Office Tools.
Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
Ability to partner and lead small teams to deliver project objectives
Ability to work independently and on a team