At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
This position manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments in Project Management. This position is directly responsible for developing processes for establishing and monitoring project plans and developing project budgets. This position leads the decision-making processes required to complete projects.
- Develops processes for establishing and monitoring project plans, including the setting of milestones and deadlines, in consultation with business users.
- Allocates duties and responsibilities of the project team, closely monitoring and driving the progression of the project teams for on-time and on-budget implementation.
- Leads decision-making processes required to move projects along to completion, and makes steady and agreed upon progress on assigned programs/projects.
- Leads cross-business unit projects and program work streams, and works closely with the business leader and applies appropriate project management methodology.
- Presents feedback and trend analyses to senior management, as well as early warning indicators regarding at exposure possibilities.
- Proactively responds to new project needs or changes in scope and identifies and resolves issues, assesses the work plan direction versus the new input demands, and implements a change control process
- Identifies project risk items during all phases to address issues, response, recommendations and future changes during post-implementation lessons learned phase.
- Identifies, implements, and ensures that consistent standards of delivery excellence are disseminated, leveraged, and continuously improved across the organization.
- Recommends and approves professional development initiatives and documents progress of professional and management competence skill acquisitions to constantly improve the Human Capital asset.
- Conducts performance evaluations and career development discussions with support and professional project management staff.
- Develops SIPOCs, process maps, and drives process improvement for key initiatives.
- Provides Chief of Staff support to Mercer's Health and Benefits (H&B) Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- 10+ years of related Project Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Project Management Methodology Certification required.