This is a full-time position that requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to exceptional organization and time management skills. A successful candidate for this position must possess the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, lead team of associates, establish buy-in across the organization and must have experience with complex projects.
- Schedule and prioritize incoming work, ensure on-time delivery based on customer expectations, implantation schedules, and capacity forecasting.
- Create work forecasts and feed information into capacity planning
- Identify additional resourcing needs and work with recruiting to recruit and onboard qualified team members
- Provide leadership across a team of approximately 8-10 associates including career management & coaching, skills development, and communicating EB Admin and practice strategy
- Influence other practices and sales leadership on the H&W practice capabilities and the use of best practice solutions
- Develop team members and expand the talent of the team by working with analysists & offshore resources to create development plans to expand their product and technical knowledge and consulting skills
- Manage escalations from customers and internal groups to ensure timely and quality resolutions to their issues and concerns
- Identify and drive improvement opportunities to increase team efficiency and quality
- Interact with clients as the senior practice leader and conduct annual client meetings
- Drive financial results through budget prep and projections
- Support vendor payment process, client invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Bachelor’s degree is required: business, technical or engineering degrees preferred
- 10+ years of experience in consulting and/or client benefit leadership
- Previous management experience preferred
- Prefer background in business application consulting with client-facing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of benefit plans / structures
- Knowledge of technical development projects is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Great collaboration skills and the proven ability to drive and measure continuous improvement
- Candidates must be self-motivated, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing business environment
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
- A 401(k) plan with matching program
- Paid Parental Leave up to 12 weeks
- Profit sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees’ retirement accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
- Adoption assistance
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short term and long term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation and applicable medical needs
Milliman employs more than 3,500 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance. For more than 70 years, the firm has quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation and quality. Today Milliman is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business, financial, government and union organizations.