Health and Safety Professional
Less than 5 years experience •
Location: United States - Nebraska - Blair
The Health and Safety Professional will provide facility-wide coordination in all safety and environmental arenas including personal safety, safety system development and compliance, safety training, air, water, and waste program management as well as assisting in compliance strategies for these programs. Coordination of the facility environmental health and safety (EHS) data management, processes, program development and implementation. This position will influence operational decisions with regard to capital expansion, and modification to existing operations to support continued compliance with Business Unit (BU), Corporate and regulatory agency requirements.
40% Support facility leadership by providing coordination, and assist plant operations in EHS compliance by ensuring proper record keeping of requirements. Responsible for reporting obligations as required by local, state, federal and corporate requirements. Provide EHS technical assistance to the facility.
25% Develop, maintain, and monitor compliance tools at the facility for EHS compliance, and communicate and implement EHS requirements/regulations for the facility to support plant operations and the business unit. Development of a sustainable proactive EHS compliance culture at the location.
10% Assist and verify thorough pre-job planning for employees and contractors, including, but not limited to documented job safety analyses and procedures, pre-job hazard assessments (PJHA), planning, documenting, and gaining.
10% Train plant personnel on EHS subjects and perform internal assessments of EHS compliance systems.
10% Implement and champion existing programs (BBS, HOP, etc) and ISO standards and help support Starches and Sweeteners North America (SSNA) employees' understanding of them.
5% Promote Cargill through involvement in community activities and professional organizations. On-call ability outside normal business hours to assist when needed and any other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor?s degree in Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related Technical field
* Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with safety and environmental regulations
* Knowledge of OSHA regulations such as, but not limited to, process safety management, process hazard analysis,
hazard recognition/control, behavior based safety (BBS) principles and application
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Individual must be able to build strong relationships with both internal and
external customers and participate effectively on cross-functional teams without direct supervisory responsibility of the team
* Demonstrated ability to interact with multiple levels of the facility and with outside agencies and customers
* Demonstrated experience in Program development and implementation of new or changing regulations
* Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Strong attention to detail
* Microsoft Office Suite experience
* Ability to work with large amounts of data on multiple spreadsheets including formula writing
* Effective at interacting with regulatory agencies (low contact), facility leadership (high contact), plant personnel (high contact),
attorneys (low contact) and consultants (medium contact)
* Ability to work independently
* Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
* Ability to effectively interact throughout all levels and functions of the organization and with outside agencies
* Ability to be on-call outside normal business hours to assist when needed
* Ability to travel
* 5 Plus years* experience in the EHS field
* 3 Plus years* experience in the EHS field in an industrial setting
* Understanding of basic reliability concepts
* Professional certifications such as Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Professional Engineer (PE)
* Negotiations experience with regulatory agencies
* Six Sigma Kaizen Lean Tools
* BBS process implementation and management
* Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development and training
* Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Program (RMP) experience
* Experience with facility response plans (FRP)
* Process implementation of EHS Policies and Systems
* Auditing experience
* Database application experience (MS Access, Oracle, etc.)
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Bachelor?s degree in Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related Technical field
Do you have knowledge of OSHA regulations such as, but not limited to, process safety management, pr
Do you have demonstrated knowledge of and experience with safety and environmental regulations*
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $80,000 to $80,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Do you have a Bachelor?s degree in Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related Technical field?
Do you have knowledge of OSHA regulations such as, but not limited to, process safety management, process hazard analysis, hazard recognition/control, behavior based safety (BBS) principles and application?
Do you have demonstrated knowledge of and experience with safety and environmental regulations?
Ideal candidate with have experience with contractor safety, job hazard analysis, and contractor training/safety.