Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control soaring health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
Note: Visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity
- In this role you will serve as the primary, day to day lead for large clients on issues pertaining to strategy and management of their health and welfare benefit plans. You will assemble the resources and work directly with the client on complex, technical issues, plan marketing and placement initiatives
- Lead and drive client relationships, with a focus on the larger advisory clients. Seek to understand their human capital needs and articulate Willis Towers Watson’s employee value proposition, products, services and resources.
- Drive employee benefit strategy: Lead the analysis of employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices, including leading strategic planning sessions.
- Play a key role in the sales process for prospective clients including value proposition creation, RFP/proposal development, participating in finalist presentation, etc.
- Proactively advise clients and work with team to provide consistent client service, resolving day to day service issues (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance; health care reform, HIPAA, etc.)
- Understand, articulate and implement key Willis Towers Watson value-added resources (legal resources/file 5500’s; employee benefit brochures and communications; etc.)
- Lead the client open enrollment process including vendor management and implementation, conducting employee meetings, proofing contracts, updating internal systems, etc.
- Lead and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis Towers Watson’s position in the marketplace, including understanding and articulating current product offerings, trends and coverage options.
- Associates or Bachelor’s level degree; Insurance degree a plus
- State Life and Health license required
- Professional Certification (GBA, PHR) preferred
- 10+ years of health and welfare account management experience including some underwriting or analytical experience
- Strong technical knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment
- Experience leading and managing large clients (multi-plan/state; complex plans; etc.)
- Strong strategic and client service orientation with ability to proactively understand client’s human capital needs and present/implement solutions.
- Proven experience leading teams, managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to contribute to the development of new intellectual capital.