In this role you will serve as the primary, day to day lead for large clients on issues pertaining to strategy and management of their health and welfare benefit plans. You will assemble the resources and work directly with the client on complex, technical issues, plan marketing and placement initiatives
• Lead and drive client relationships, with a focus on the larger advisory clients. Seek to understand their human capital needs and articulate Willis Towers Watson's employee value proposition, products, services and resources.
• Drive employee benefit strategy: Lead the analysis of employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients' employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices, including leading strategic planning sessions.
• Play a key role in the sales process process for prospective clients including value proposition creation, RFP/proposal development, participating in finalist presentation, etc.
• Proactively advise clients and work with team to provide consistent client service, resolving day to day service issues (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance; health care reform, HIPAA, etc.)
• Understand, articulate and implement key Willis Towers Watson value-added resources (legal resources/file 5500's; employee benefit brochures and communications; etc.)
• Lead the client open enrollment process including vendor management and implementation, conducting employee meetings, proofing contracts, updating internal systems, etc.
• Lead and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis Towers Watson's position in the marketplace, including understanding and articulating current product offerings, trends and coverage options.
• 12+ years of strategic health and welfare strategy and account management experience for large, complex, multi-state clients
• Deep knowledge of current H&W plan design approaches, insurance products, regulatory environment, etc., and ability to understand client's needs in context of broader HR strategy
• Strong experience in growing new revenue with current clients as well as contributing to new client acquisition
• Proven experience managing large, complex clients and creating/implementing client service solutions
• Proven experience managing multiple teams delivering on client projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including executive level presentation skills
• Strong ability to coach and develop more junior level associates
• Team player with intellectual curiosity and desire to help WTW grow its tools, resources and capabilities
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), and ability to learn new technologies and recommend new technology solutions
• Associates or Bachelor's level degree
• State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
• Professional Certification (CEBS, GBA, PHR, SPHR, etc.) preferred