Company Description Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. Role Purpose
- This person will primarily use their industry knowledge and an understanding of business processes, to build a meaningful relationship with their client by identifying client needs for quantitative analysis. This individual is responsible for the overall business revenue and workflow of the account. Ensuring timely delivery of data/reporting, analytics (marketing insights) and strategic consulting to support the client's performance marketing objectives is crucial. This individual will develop and/or communicate strategies to implement the objectives of the organization and guide others in linking their activities to those goals. In summary, they will evaluate client needs, participate in creating and articulating relevant solutions for clients, and manage the delivery and processes for implementation.
- This individual will interface with otherinternal Merkle teams and should serve as a subject matter expert within their area of expertise (Health Analytics). This individual will be expected to coordinate and partner withotherinternal Merkle team members to deliver client value through strategic partnerships and cross functional teamwork.
- This individual is expected to be the client-facing relationship lead for his/her portfolio of clients. Clear communication with client is extremely important. Additional management of financials, P&L responsibility, and staffing oversight is required.
- Identify and solve client business problems, clarify analytic objectives, establish analytics priorities, create practical analytic roadmaps, identify data needs and formulate data solutions, drive and execute analysis, package and present insights to stake holders, and finally, help implement recommended solutions with a goal to achieve clients’ business objectives and grow overall business scope.
- Deliver practical and actionable recommendations based upon marketing intelligence generated through managed team workflow.
- Responsible for defining a comprehensive measurement framework and roadmap for client
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement client solution recommendations.
- Stay informed of advancements in pharmaceutical industry trends and publish POVs, blogs, white papers, case studies, ensuring Merkle is always at the forefront of the industry.
- Package selected interim and final deliverables for later re-use by other Merkle teams, including rationale for why options/tactics were chosen.
- Develop, write, and present strategic recommendations and projects that directly address clients' toughest questions.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions that identify new marketing opportunities for clients
Key Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Industry – pharmaceutical data and measurement
- Strong in MS Office core suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of data base systems a plus
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required; SAS, R, SQL
- Hands-on experience with BI or digital analytics tools (Tableau; Micro strategy, Adobe analytics, Google analytics, DMP insight tools)
- Leader, manager, self-starter
- Strategic partner to client
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to cross-sell, manage and increase scope of solutions
- Ability to create a practical analytic work plan in response to a strategically defined learning agenda and complex client business challenges
- Ability to explain robust analytics solutions to optimize marketinginvestments
- Ability to consolidate and package insights, analytic outputs, and action items into a well-organized, consumable package (excel, PowerPoint, word, etc.)
- Ability to translate analysis insights into actionable recommendations and strategies for marketers
- Ability to explain/present complicated analytical methodology and results to clients
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines; Advanced degree (M.A., MBA, M.S., Ph.D.) a plus
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in quantitativemarketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing