DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
This position will identify, assess, plan, and manage training activities for staff and orientation activities for independent consultant reviewers within the Office of Head Start (OHS) Program. Additionally, this position will ensure the availability of qualified and orientated reviewers, including assisting in the development and maintenance of systems that support this effort. Serves as a liaison between DLH, DLH independent consultant reviewers, and OHS to ensure all tasks and projects are completed on time and as needed.
- Supervises instructional designer(s), Training coordinator(s) and Trainer (s).
- Ensures effective team management and operations including providing direction, providing feedback and coordinating efforts.
- Develops reviewer, staff and grantee orientation and training plans.
- Develops regional office training plan.
- Manages learning from assessment, design and storyboard, through development of training activity and evaluation.
- Conducts learning needs assessment to identify and assess training requirements.
- Develops a blended learning approach to include webcasts, job aids, eLearning (on demand), and classroom training.
- Designs curriculum and identifies appropriate content or resources.
- Supports development of trainings using tools such as PowerPoint, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, etc.
- Delivers training as appropriate and/or manages training delivery.
- Collects and assesses evaluation feedback to ensure effectiveness of training and make appropriate changes to training.
- Monitors training participation and adherence to training requirements/procedures.
- Ensures reviewers meet all administrative and orientation requirements prior to deployment.
- Plans and manages general information and resources across the OHS contract, including client related and stakeholder email communications
- Other duties as assigned.
Company Core Competencies:
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Role Based Competencies – Management Track:
- Budget/Cost Control: Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Decision Making/Judgment: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
- Hiring: Defines position requirements and necessary skills, recruits large applicant pool. Prepares for and conducts good interviews, values both experience and potential, selects appropriate candidates, builds teams with complementary skills, promotes diversity in hiring.
- Managing Diversity: Maintains an inclusive workplace, maximizes contributions of all employees, and develops strengths in all team members.
- Managing for Results: Sets challenging and productive goals for team, keeps team accountable for actions, provides leadership and motivation, provides resources and support, uses checkpoints and data to track progress, sets up systems and processes to measure results.
- Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Project Management: Establishes project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, coordinates projects throughout the company, monitors project progress, and manages multiple projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant training and project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of instructional design and development experience.
- Adult Learning: Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies (i.e., ADDIE).
- Metrics and Evaluation: Identifies appropriate evaluation methods and applies data-driven decision making when planning for and improving training plans.
- Innovation: Applies a variety of creative approaches when designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions.
- Facilitation and Training Delivery: Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Promotes a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Multimedia: Knowledge of learning management systems, and learning development tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and other e-learning programs and webcast software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate orally/speak, hear, read/comprehend, write, and see.
- The employee is required to stand and walk.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.