$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Head/Senior Director/Director of Medical Affairs-CA-#2885
A leading molecular clinical diagnostics company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of diagnostics products and surveillance solutions for transplant patients worldwide is seeking a Head/Senior Director/Director of Medical Affairs for its California location.
The Head/Senior Director/Director of Medical Affairs will be an MD trained and will lead the effort to educate and support the commercialization strategy of the company's products through the development of clinical trials, studies and national and international registries.
The responsibility of this position is to educate and partner with clinical and business leaders including transplant nephrologists, cardiologists and governmental health ministers, and laboratory directors, distributors. He/She will partner with the regional technical and business leads in Americas to help prioritize, analyze, propose and execute clinical and business partnerships that will enable widespread clinical uptake.
He/She will have the opportunity to launch and scale the company's new best-in-class offerings, as well as, drive the data using this platform to show improve outcomes for solid organ transplant recipients.
The role is within the medical affairs organization and a broad of the team will support the medical director's success, including Research & Development, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory and Finance.
The ideal candidate has experience developing clinical messaging and influencing clinicians and transplant key opinion leaders to drive uptake in transplantation management. A record of accomplishments in transplantation, deep clinical knowledge and ability to build senior client relationships, and/or launching new products in an entrepreneurial environment is a strong plus.
The position involves frequent travel across the country, working with key transplant centers across the nation and supporting the MSL team with senior medical leadership where needed.
Key Duties, Activities and Responsibilities:
• Help design and execute strategies to implement all clinical studies, active registries and IITs at major transplant centers across the country
• Act as a senior company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
• Present at customer workshops, symposiums and meetings and leverage KOLS to present on the company's behalf
• Function as the primary clinical resource for the Business / Market Development team to support product adoption and expanded use of the company's products
• Be able to forecast and deliver on quarterly clinical volume and revenue
• Provide on-site clinical support at transplant centers through oral presentations, test result data reviews and interactive resolution of clinician queries
• Take part in the management of scientific and clinical advisory boards
• Work with clinical operations and medical affairs, be able to propose, implement and monitor clinical studies in major markets to help increase uptake and patient management
• Support company initiatives at clinical and scientific meetings
• Coordinate with the company's organization to ensure the proper resources are in place to support new clinical opportunities
• Work closely with the SVP of Medical/Clinical Affairs to review opportunities and provide proactive, regular reports on progress to goals
Work Experience, Skills and Education Required:
• Medical degree required; experience in transplantation, molecular biology, and clinical research preferred; PhD, MBA or other advanced degree highly advantageous
• Passion for improving patient outcomes in transplantation
• Experience with care pathways in transplantation preferred
• Understanding of NGS technology
• Results oriented – has track record for delivering results, takes ownership and is accountable
• Strong initiative, creativity, independence, sense of urgency, self-motivation, and time management skills
• Comfortable presenting to and partnering with executives to solve complex business challenges
• A desire to work in a high growth and results-oriented team environment
• Unrelenting intellectual curiosity
• Travel required, both domestically and internationally, up to 50%
Valid Through: 2019-10-15