Head, Project Management Office The Company Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens Energy Management Division As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, the Division has ca. 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide. Energy Management Digital Grid The Business Unit Digital Grid is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes its way – every step of the way! Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC. The Digital Grid Headquarters are in Minneapolis. The position will be located in Minneapolis, MN. Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change! We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide! The Position Position Scope The Head of the PMO is responsible for the overall direction and management of projects through designated project managers, ensuring consistency with established processes, consistency across projects and customer satisfaction. The PMO strives to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The PMO is the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management and project execution. This includes coaching, mentoring and guiding the project managers to a successful completion of their committed projects. Position Responsibilities
- Organize the PMO in such a way as to provide the most efficient use of the project managers and project leads focusing on the on time delivery of the project backlog while meeting customer expectations.
- Coach project managers in such a way as to help them be more efficient with their time, control their customer expectations, implement change order and claim management strategies, report accurately on the progress/forecast and manage risks as they come and go on the project.
- Manage projects directly and in doing so: define and track project scope, goals, schedule, budgets, risks and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensure that all project schedules are managed and maintained in one tool, from which accurate reports can be generated. Use these reports to reflect and predict resource loading requirements based on skill need.
- Effectively communicate and manage expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Set priorities for project managers and resource managers to aid them in solving the day to day resource conflicts.
- Identify resource needs in the PMO which go beyond the project managers and project leads.
- Report on the overall status of all projects on a monthly basis. Report on “trouble” projects on a weekly basis, emphasizing changes being made to improve the progress and get the projects back on track.
- Maintain customer relationships which allow for an escalation process when the project manager is not able to meet the customer needs.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Support sales channel campaigns and sales/marketing communications and proposals. Education A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required PMI Certification or the equivalent education is required Professional Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- 10 + years of Project Management experience with complex software systems
- 5 + years of resource management experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office products to include advance excel & project skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5 + years of experience with managing external customer relations & expectations
- 5 + years of sales consulting experience
Requisition Number: 219540