The head of workflow transformation is a high-impact role responsible for the strategy, business model creation, investment analysis, product management and operational performance for the workflow transformation solutions. Critical to the success of this role is the candidate’s ability to understand end-user needs and application, key business unit issues, the ability to translate business requirements into a holistic solution inclusive of hardware (devices and accessories), software and services.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of general management acumen, technical prowess and an entrepreneurial mindset that enables him/her to build a business case for adoption and deployment of the new solution as a service. This will require an innovative mindset to build a model that moves our customers from a transactional to a solution-led business, that achieves the desired business outcome, and is delivered as a service. The ideal candidate will have a broad experience base which includes: strong background in implementing services offerings, technical product management, software and/or application development, cloud/platform computing and software as a service. The candidate should also have demonstrated general management skills including: strong financial acumen, assessing growth opportunities via organic and inorganic means, strategic acumen to identify sustainable differentiators, and strong negotiation and collaboration skills required to work effectively in a matrixed organization. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of enabling technologies for IT, mobility, the internet of things (IoT), predictive analytics and cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure. They will be able to articulate pros/cons for critical choice points around these technologies in the context of workflow solutions.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience delivering leading edge solutions from concept to through launch that have demonstrated business value.
The successful candidate will be recognized as a forward-thinking market leader with deep domain expertise in product management and technology. S/he will also be an outstanding market strategist who can anticipate and recognize superior opportunities in the market and quickly move to address these opportunities.
The head of Workflow Transformation will be a strong leader who can win commitment through transparency, trust, entrepreneurial thinking and a strong bias towards action. S/he will have a strong executive presence and be comfortable and credible interfacing at the senior level with internal and external constituents. S/he will be results-driven, ambitious and self-motivated. The right candidate will be a humble leader but with a strong, strategic vision of success and be equally strong in listening, influencing, and collaborating with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Will define and deliver workflow transformation solutions that bridge devices, accessories, software and services that will enable long term market leadership and HP’s business objectives. The key solution areas will be 1) office based workflow transformation such as new employee onboarding, collaboration/conferencing and 2) commercial mobile workflow transformation where out of the office or field based workflows transform from analog to digital or PC to mobile.
- Will provide a fiscal and process framework to validate the investments and outcomes to guide the solution development and deployment across Personal Systems. This framework can be leveraged internally as well as externally with customers.
- Will define the long-term workflow transformation vision and strategy based on technology trends, in depth customer insights and market evolution.
- Will work closely with internal executives and constituents to prioritize and execute the investment plans and capabilities.
- Will establish strong partnership with strategic partners in hardware, accessories and software (ISV & SI) technologies to enable new solutions and business models.
- Will lead an organization of product managers and business developers, attracting and growing the best and diverse talent in the industry.
- More than 10 years of experience innovating in the software or solution space within product management and/or consultative selling. Ideally with meaningful enterprise experience.
- Able to work across organizational boundaries to influence and meet objectives without direct authority.
- Demonstrated experience working with matrixed teams in engineering, marketing, finance, sales, legal, etc., using creative approaches to problem solving.
- Solid understanding of enabling technologies for IT, mobility, IoT and cloud computing. Ability to understand and articulate pros/cons for critical choice points in technology.
- Knowledge about lean and agile processes of product development using concepts of minimum viable product.
- Market-led thinker with solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative market research techniques.
- Strategic thinking: ability to ask the right questions to make robust, long term choices.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence is a must internally and externally.
- Multicultural awareness: ability to work and understand different region’s uniqueness and how to work effectively across the globe.
- Outstanding organizational development and people management capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership experience setting the vision and building, leading and motivating product management teams. Leads by example with creativity, strategic thinking, innovation and influencing skills.
- Technical degree and master of business administration or equivalent is preferred.
Job ID 3026773