When you join CUNA Mutual Group, you'll be part of a cutting-edge team that encourages expert insights and big ideas in the relentless pursuit of agility. You will deliver results through compelling customer interactions, and contribute to our growth and development by providing customers with the tools and knowledge they need to appropriately invest in their own success. In an ever-changing learning environment, you will discover, collaborate, and feel empowered to deliver. You will have the opportunity to work with people that are hungry to learn and eager to develop. Along the way, you will build your career and intensify your industry footprint. If you're interested in the next big step in your career, CUNA Mutual Group is for you.
Key requirements and needs to be successful:
- Active practitioner of Agility
- Life, Annuity and Wealth product build experience
- EXL LifePro or other major Policy Administrative System background
- Distribution experience (Advisor, Broker Dealer, Wholesalers) in the delivery and support of Wealth Management based products
Framework General Profile and Scope
- Provides leadership to managers and professional staff
- Accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams, working with leaders to identify improvements in the discipline/department
- Develops discipline/departmental plans, including business production and/or organizational priorities
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
Project & System Executions: 30-40%
- Oversee one or many project teams and/or IT Managers as needed to support Business Area or Company projects and requests. Ensure that the technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon with the project sponsors. Responsible for coordinating with staff across the IT organization to ensure successful delivery of project activity,
- Accountable for overseeing successful completion of all non-project work activities (regulatory changes, enhancements, break/fix, maintenance, etc.) as required to support SLAs and functional needs of one or many Business Areas or the Company. Develop and manage to operational budgets and plans.
- Develop and maintain program, project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments.
- Manage relationships with external service providers as part of project execution of application support/hosting. Ensure all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc. of CMFG and the IT department.
Application, Data & Technical Strategy: 10-15%
- LifePro policy administration system experience is preferred; or other relevant PAS experience
- Complete medium-term planning (monthly, quarterly, annually) for projects, technologies, processes staffing, etc. within area of responsibility
- Drive long-term technology planning processes (18 month system plans). Ensure planned delivery activities are in alignment with long-term technology footprint.
Business Leadership & Customer Relationship: 20-30%
- Understand business needs and processes for areas of responsibility. Proactively work with Business Leaders, understand their business plans to help craft their plans into projects. Ensure the application footprint/infrastructure will support the current and planned needs of the Business Areas.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution, operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service.
People Leadership: 20-30%
- Responsible for the consistent delivery of HR processes: recruiting, hiring, training, career development, performance management, etc. Evaluate managers and team members in both technical duties and professional aspects of their performance.
- Define application development/infrastructure team structure and resource levels. Allocate resources and responsibilities across the application team to meet required Business Area results.
- Communicate and reinforce CMFG/IT/application/infrastructure team goals, policies and procedures to staff members.
- Coach/mentor team members, on site and remote, as necessary. Align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets.
- College degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
- Project Management in an Agile/Scrum environment is required
- 5+ years of Life Annuity and Health Product build experience
- 5+ years experience supporting Wealth Management business including: Advisor, Broker/Dealer and the associated distribution/service channels
- 10 years related application development experience
- 5 years of information technology management experience
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills.
Physical Job Analysis:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.