Come help us redefine the future of healthcare. With a history of transformation over the last 50 years, Humana is once again transforming itself using a startup approach. The commitment of Author By Humana is to unlock senior's potential at every opportunity. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about solving big problems in healthcare for seniors. The Product & Experience team drives the product vision for our web, mobile and conversational AI digital presence with a strong focus on user experience, and strives to create clear, beautiful, inclusive web experiences empowering our customers.
As Head of User Experience, Creative Director, you will be responsible for the end to end user experience for both external and internal customer stakeholders. You will define design productivity for the team and develop mechanisms to measure successful user experiences for our customers. You will be responsible for both VUI and GUI end-user experiences. Challenges will include designing patterns, templates, and new experiences.
In this role, you will build and lead a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Design, UX research, design technology and Content Strategists. To be successful in this role you will have designed innovative products and multi-modal systems including web, mobile and conversational agents, and you will need to understand how to implement design strategies across multiple surfaces, digital and non-digital. To accomplish this, you will need to attract, retain, and develop the highest quality talent.Responsibilities
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the consumer experience; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Inspire, mentor, and lead a variety of designers on the User Experience team
- Produce journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
- Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes
- Create reporting mechanisms and standardization for the User Experience process
- Measure the success and effectiveness of the User Experience Design team
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns
- Create pattern libraries, templates, and tools for a variety of users on our platform
- Oversee close coordination with a cross functional team including, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Product management, Technology platforms and Business stakeholders to develop a shared vision and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product's objectives
- Develop an informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and present them concisely
- Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role,
- 5 years plus of experience leading teams of designers in the creation of consumer facing experiences.
- Experience shipping software on consumer products and extensive experience with user interface design patterns and methodologies such as Jobs to be Done will be key to one's success in the role.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
In addition, the following qualifications and personal attributes are sought:
- Experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior management.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with product management and developers for implementation of designs
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Experience designing and building conversational agents is a plus.
- Experience designing and building solutions for healthcare is a plus.
- Strong relationship skills and the ability to influence people up, down and adjacent to obtain buy-in for your designs.
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication - and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail
- Experience building a UX/design team from the ground up