Dimensional is a global investment firm guided by deep convictions about the power of capital markets. We are a leader in applying advanced financial science to equity and fixed income investment strategies. By employing a rigorous and systematic investment approach, we seek to capture what the market offers in all its dimensions.
For more than 30 years, we have translated research into real-world investment solutions for clients. Our clients include financial advisory, pension funds, retirement plans, college savings plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, and sovereign wealth funds. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, with 13 offices around the world, Dimensional manages $527 billion globally as of September 30, 2020.
The Head of Total Rewards will work closely with HR and firm leadership to drive and deliver an effective rewards strategy designed to attract, motivate and reward talent essential to achieving business objectives.
A key member of the Talent leadership team, reporting to the Deputy Head of HR, the Head of Total Reward will work to build and develop a Total Reward center of excellence. They will oversee the firm’s compensation, benefits, pension, wellness and mobility functions. They will help set the overall reward strategy with emphasis on designing, implementing and administering competitive compensation and benefits programs. This position will manage policy and compensation components globally including salary structures, new hire offers, market data analysis and benchmarking, sales incentive compensation, bonus processes, long-term incentive plan (LTIP) and communications. They will also oversee the team responsible for benefits and pension policy administration and management as well as the global mobility practice.
The role will lead a small team of compensation, benefits and mobility experts, and will serve as a critical partner to a variety of stakeholders across the firm including executive, business and HR leadership. The role will work closely with the firm’s Compensation Committee and 401(K) Committee to develop and lead the execution of total reward initiatives that support business strategy and with the Global Head of HR and Co-CEOs on rewards decisions and administration.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of the company's global compensation, benefits/wellness, pension and mobility programs.
- Oversee the design, development, implementation and scaling of a full range of compensation programs for the firm globally.
- Oversee the company's benefits, pension and mobility offering including health and wellness programs in multiple countries, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness.
- Ensure all compensation, benefits/wellness, pension and mobility programs are market competitive, aligned with business goals, consistently administered, and in compliance with company policies and evolving regulatory requirements.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Senior Business Leaders to drive and influence total reward strategy.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues and cross functional stakeholders on projects and activities that ensure the company attracts and motivates the right talent for the organization.
- Manage market data collection and analysis processes and develop systems to create firm pay ranges reflective of changes in local pay markets.
- Stay current on market trends and rewards practices to ensure consistency and competitiveness in components and programs.
- Provide leadership to team members; actively participate in performance management and development process and as part of broader HR leadership.
- Deep expertise and transferable experience in Compensation, including market and competitive analysis, compensation analytics, program development/management.
- Working knowledge of wage and hour laws and a strong understanding of best practices, current trends and market benchmarks.Experience overseeing and managing a function or team.
- Experience in a global, multi-region environment (prior experience in the EMEA and/or APAC regions is a plus).
- A track record of building and implementing compensation programs tailored to business objectives and talent needs.
- Experience with global benefits and wellness programs, pension programs and global mobility is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues across different functions and at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Patience and the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Ability to consistently maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Must be comfortable presenting to senior leaders and Board members.
- Knowledge of Workday strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing and implementing compensation systems is preferred.