The Head of Technology and Operations is responsible for leading the Engineering, Production, and Information Technology teams, which supports WFMY broadcast technologies in a 24/7/365 environment. This position is responsible for (including but not limited to):
- Managing short-and-long term technology strategy
- Day-to-day operations including equipment integration, maintenance for the core infrastructure, studios, control rooms, facility, post-production, and transmission for all live programming
- Oversee compliance of FCC rules and regulations
- Manage compliance of critical security policies, including Account, Password Security, Vulnerability Protection, Virus Protection, Untrusted Network, and IT Incident Reporting policies.
- Manage Business Continuity and Disaster Contingency plans
- Maintain financial responsibility for the Engineering and Production Departments including – expense budgeting, approvals, and reviews
- Monitors and creatively scrutinizes daily on-air technical quality
- Leads workflow improvements for both on-air and online products
- Manages vendor contracts including technology, building maintenance, security, coffee/snack vending, and janitorial services
- Leads capital planning and submission process for station
- Leads project planning and project management for station wide initiatives
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years' experience in a broadcast operations/technology management role.
- Strong customer service skills and unfailing professionalism. Demonstrate impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated strong leadership with a focus on team management
- Understanding of IT processes including security, workflow, and management
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies including; ENPS Newsroom Systems, Sony ELC automation, RF Transmission, Broadcast Switchers, Router Systems, Field Cameras, Signal Path Workflows.
- Demonstrated strong project management experience.
- Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation.