Industry: Energy & Utilities•
Posted 179 days ago
The Head of Tax, located in Emeryville, CA, plans and manages Amyris’s worldwide tax strategy & responsibilities, including the Company’s U.S. federal and state income tax returns, global tax compliance, tax provision, accounting and disclosure requirements, oversight and guidance on sales and use and property tax and leads all acquisition structuring.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Oversee global tax compliance
* Review and file all domestic and international corporate, personal, and partnership tax returns
* Work with outside CPA firm on work that is partially outsourced
* Work with CFO on tax strategy and tax planning
* Oversee research and analysis of tax issues
* Work with external advisors to remain up to date on tax laws
* Oversee all tax-related payments
* Prepare income tax projections
* Lead acquisition related structuring and due diligence
* Work with external advisors to standardize and synthesize tax advice into a clear and concise in-house knowledge database.
* Manage and review the preparation of corporation US and state income tax returns. Ensure all returns are complete, accurate, and timely filed while minimizing tax obligations.
* Manage and review the preparation of the consolidated tax provision.
* Proactively research and monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management, and create strategies to capitalize on changes to tax legislation. Provide country-specific tax insight as the company expands it product offerings and subsidiary locations globally.
* Support and provide guidance regarding sales and use tax across all geographies and sales deal structures.
* Support and provide guidance on property tax. Preparation of property tax returns and oversight of property tax audits.
* Minimize corporate tax globally through use of tax laws and regulations, organization's compliance with all international, federal, state, local, and applicable foreign tax laws and regulations.
* Support and be the primary interface with tax regulatory authorities
* Manage and facilitate tax audits.
* Build audit files to support all issues related to US income tax positions and filings.
* Identify opportunities to improve the corporate income tax return processes and delivery schedule, and work with cross-functional teams to implement changes.
* Ensure that income tax return processes, documentation and related systems are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
* 15+ years of related experience, preferably with a Big 4 Accounting Firm or large corporation tax department
* CPA and/or Masters Degree in taxation
* Strong technical knowledge of US federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations for corporations and partnerships
* Strong technical knowledge of Sales & Use and Property Tax laws and regulations
* Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
* Strong project management, communication and work ethic
* Strong tax technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Public Accounting experience is highly preferred
* Microsoft Office skills required (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Experience with large ERP system a plus (preferably SAP, etc.)