The Head of Talent Acquisition is responsible for the design and implementation of the talent acquisition strategy which drives recruiting and onboarding effectiveness across Tyler.
Tyler is proud to be consistently recognized as an employer of choice based on the strength of our business, professional development opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits. At Tyler, you will operate successfully within a strong culture of respect and integrity, work/life balance, and a goal to continually increase the skills, diversity and success of our team.
This member of the Tyler HR Leadership Team leverages industry expertise, operating as a high impact business partner across all Tyler divisions, supporting the divisional HR teams in the deployment of recruiting tools, processes and talent acquisition best practices. The Head of Talent Acquisition provides strategic direction and supports the continued growth of Tyler’s dedicated recruiters, HR team members and hiring managers ensuring an optimal candidate and hiring manager experience, strong employment brand and a diverse pipeline of sourced talent to drive Tyler’s continued growth. The Head of Talent Acquisition reports to the CHRO.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement talent acquisition strategy, framework, tools, programs and partnerships to drive effective acquisition and onboarding of high quality, diverse talent across Tyler including sourcing strategy, candidate experience and brand, pipeline quality, and guidance for ancillary programs including mobility and expatriate.
- Partner with the business, serving as a trusted advisor to HR partners and hiring managers in the talent acquisition process including the design and definition of roles and candidate profiles, assessment of candidates and personal leadership of key searches.
- Optimize Recruiting & Onboarding effectiveness through clear objectives and measurement of results, streamlined processes, integrated tools and fully leveraged vendor relationships and partnerships.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and international regulations related to talent acquisition and onboarding including Tyler’s Affirmative Action plan.
Experience you will bring:
- BA/BS degree (degree in business preferred); MBA and HR certification preferred.
- 15+ years of professional experience in high growth, public company with 10+ years’ experience recruiting for technical and high-volume professional services roles at all levels in a software company.
- Demonstrated track record of success in creation of strategic talent programs, aligned to business need, that support business growth in a specialized and competitive market.
- Experience in effectively managing full life cycle recruitment, including thorough pre-qualification screening, creative sourcing strategies, interviewing, negotiating and closing candidates across multiple levels and disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing talent acquisition tools, partners, processes and metrics and managing all through a disseminated geographic structure for consistency.
- Experience building, mentoring and coaching a geographically dispersed talent acquisition team.
- Current knowledge of employment law, recruitment best practices, and key regulations relating to the talent acquisition function.
- International recruiting experience preferred.
Critical Skills & Behaviors you will demonstrate:
- You build relationships quickly and influence effectively and collaboratively across functions, business lines and levels demonstrating a commitment to service excellence.
- You consistently demonstrate the ability to translate business priorities into effective talent acquisition approaches and solutions.
- You are pragmatic and outcome oriented, working collaboratively in a matrixed environment, making data and business driven decisions which balance client needs and strategic intent as well as short term needs and long term strategy.
- You set clear goals and measure progress and quickly calibrate and learn to drive successful outcomes.
- Your organized, detail oriented, and focused approach on getting things done is balanced by your decisiveness as a leader with a quick mind, sound judgment and excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You effectively champion change and achieve process improvement with a natural ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously through influence, relationships, follow through and your broad knowledge base.
- You elevate the capabilities of those you work with.