Summary of the role
The Head of Talent Acquisition is a highly strategic role at a very important juncture in SoFi’s growth and expansion given that talent, along with innovative software products, are key priorities in supporting the company’s business objectives. Attracting, acquiring, developing and retaining top talent will be critical to achieving the organization’s goals. This individual will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer with the mandate of recruiting top talent around the globe and leading the TA team to innovate, design, develop and deploy cutting edge talent acquisition programs.
A consultative approach to partnering with the broader organization is critical, as is assessing, in together with the HR team and business leaders, current and future talent needs. Recruiting top tier talent, across a multitude of functions, levels and geographies is essential for achieving business objectives. In this highly competitive market, there is a critical need tofind new approaches to engaging and recruiting top technical, product, and creative talent and establishing a pipeline strategy.
The expectation is that this strategic and creative leader will establish collaborative working relationships across thePeople (HR) function as well as with business leaders. This person will ensure the organizational effectiveness of theglobal talent acquisition function.
Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be a team builder, team player, and a leader. The ideal candidate will have thepersonal drive, passion, and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a fast-growing company striving toward market leadership in an evolving marketplace.
- The intellect and the executive presence to become a true business partner across the corporate and field
- someone who can contribute to broader business conversations beyond their functional expertise.
- A compelling leadership style that includes exceptional people management skills, program management, business and technology expertise with a style that inspires confidence in SoFi and its products/services.
- An ability to create loyalty, trust, and following. One who can energize people and teams, and make cross- functional cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by colleagues at all levels of the company.
- A combination of personality traits — collaborative nature, honesty, integrity, intensity, and passion — necessary toblend with the rest of the executive management team.
- Ability to challenge the team/organization while holding them accountable for their commitments.
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial style — one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing their functional responsibility, and someone who seeks to develop like-minded senior managers with similar capabilities.
- A primary, intense concern about leading and motivating others. Must be capable of taking substantive actions toinspire and energize others around a vision of SoFi’s future.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to innovate, transform, integrate and lead a global talent acquisition organization in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This leader should possess high levels of intellect, drive, and energy, while being able to connect and motivate a diverse employee base. He/she will be a team-oriented individual with ethics and integrity.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Human Resources including at least 8 years focused on talent acquisition.
- Demonstrated success working in a high growth, competitive market for technical and creative talent.
- Strong business and financial acumen linked to strategic insight and vision.
- Deep focus on operations, systems, performance metrics and data analytics.
- An understanding of the business and the ability to anticipate the impact of talent on the future success of thecompany.
- International recruiting and management experience.
- Management of innovative University Recruiting programs experience.
- Strong track record in building, developing and recruiting high performance.
- Recruiting teams globally, including mentoring and coaching junior talent.
- Education: An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree is desirable.
- SoFi offers competitive salary packages which include base salary, cash incentive and equity to attract the best talents in the market.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded intoother types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.