By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
The Head of Supply Chain is responsible for end to end supply chain management of the company’s operations to ensure delivery on customer requirements and internal business demands.
The Head of Supply Chain is a key member of the operations leadership team and reports directly to the CFO. This critical leader is expected to work collaboratively with all company departments, and to be an honest broker between the competing demands of different business functions.
Responsibilities will include S&OP, supply and demand planning, vendor management, procurement, contract manufacturing management, customer order and material management, and warehouse and inventory management.
How You'll Contribute
- Drive the S&OP process to align expectations across functions of the organization, identify meaningful blockers to coordinated growth, communicate status and provide a cadence for key decisions.
- Work with leaders in laboratory, site and business operations to develop and maintain models for demand management and key supply components.
- Manage key vendor relationships for laboratory and biospecimen collection to ensure continuity and the ability to scale.
- Manage the procurement process for the company, both direct and indirect procurement
- Own the Supply and Demand Planning processes for the genomics and Covid CLIA production laboratory, vaccines storage and delivery and site operations support
- Work with the finance team to carry out key negotiations for supply contracts and pricing to maintain accurate forecasting and spend.
- Facilitate and own the process of kit and collateral material development process, including New Product introduction
- Oversee the assessment and auditing of vendors for suitability. Assist with sourcing for alternative vendors if needed.
- Provide strategic guidance on managing contract terms and troubleshooting vendor issues that arise in qualification or production.
- Establish key distribution & supply chain KPIs, develop and monitor metrics that provide visibility into the ecosystem. Gather and analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement, synthesize findings.
- Develop communication framework to continually update management and key customer facing stakeholders on critical supply chain components
- Oversee and develop collection kit fulfillment processes. This includes: managing production with sub-contractors and quality oversight of products, stocking and distribution of various SKUs, packaging, and overseeing shipping and logistics.
- Oversee the end to end inventory and cold chain management of Covid vaccines
- Manage the Color Warehouse, ensuring supplies are available for the company’s CLIA laboratory and vaccine and covid testing site operations
- Manage the end to end logistics process for both laboratory supply and vaccine and Covid test site operations, including both shippers and couriers
- Drive implementation of NetSuite for contract manufacturing, order and inventory management
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience with proven success in supply chain management within complex logistics operations.
- Life Science Background strongly preferred.
- Analytical mindset with a data-driven approach to problem-solving and a passion for solving complex business problems.
- Experience negotiating with large and small vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence effectively at all levels of an organization. Effective working with operations and lab staff.
- Entrepreneurial and bold in thinking and action. Highly productive with an ability to make significant progress with only limited oversight and direction day-to-day; willingness to take on meaningful responsibility and ownership over projects and to see execution through.
- A passion for Color’s mission and business