Responsible for global supply chain of intermediates and finished good products including supply planning and supporting distribution of products. Responsible for managing the Flexbumin product line within Immunology division. Manages buyers and planners who execute planning, purchasing, and supportdistributionprocesses. Provides leadership and strategic direction through management of planning activities, processes, and data/information and systems. Leads systems development and implementation initiatives for team. Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that optimize inventory turns, service levels, maximize profitability, and support dynamic changes in market conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and execute strategic supply chain processes in support of supply chain and business objectives
- Responsible for managing planners and buyers who create and achieve production/purchase plans in support of goals & objectives. (Demand/Supply Optimization in accordance with business rules)
- Meets with suppliers to discuss issues, performance, and future strategies.
- Responsible to lead Planners through S&OP/Operating Review meetings – identify business critical issues and facilitate discussion and decision making in support of goals & objectives
- Accountable for optimizing inventory turns – minimize excess & obsolete inventory through product lifecycle management
- Accountable for maximizing service levels, in conjunction withinventory goals, through distribution requirement planning and deployments
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional teams in support of strategic initiatives both within the supply chain organization and across the business units
- Responsible to provide management with inventory projections and proactively identifies service level issues
- Works with order management, sales & marketing, product managers, manufacturing, suppliers, distribution centers and third-party logistics provider in support of business objectives
- Strong leadership skills including leading projects with broad scope and impact outside own department and promotes teamwork between departments
- Complete, in-depth understanding of all aspects of the business including profitability, inventory turns and service levels
- Strong communication skills (with staff, peers, and upper management) and ability to develop rapport with other functional leaders inside Shire and Supply base
- Ability to do analysis of tradeoffs between business objectives – ability to think systemically
- Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes. Creates tools that help simplify job tasks and shares these with others
- Requires the ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations
- Supervises, coaches, and develops others
- Drives results through team leadership
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, solutions orientation and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought
- Must not be allergic to Cephalosporins.
Education and/or experience
- BS in Operations/Logistics or similar degree; at least 7 years relevant experience. MBA and APICS certification preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 20 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- General office environment
- Must be able to work hours necessary to support a 24/5 manufacturing facility.
- Inside working conditions.
Req ID: R0029759