Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Head of Supplier Management to join our team.
Why we need you.
On the MassMutual Procurement team, we have a goal to enable MassMutual’s mission and vision by providing the right supplier solution at the right time. Our mission is to streamline the procurement process, align supplier partners to meet business needs and continuously increase the value provided to our policyholders. We have embarked on an extensive journey to mature our procurement operating model with a focus on standardization, implementing industry best practices and reducing supplier spend.
As the Head of Supplier Management, we need your experience and leadership to partner closely with teams in the MassMutual Procurement Organization and cross-functional stakeholders to define and implement streamlined Supplier Management processes and build/enhance the team to execute. The Head of Supplier Management will oversee the Supplier Management Office (SMO), providing leadership of MassMutual’s third party Supplier Management strategy and execution. The Head of Supplier Management will collaborate with leaders and internal stakeholders across all Business Units to ensure that the management of MassMutual suppliers is executed consistently and efficiently across all levels. Such strategies will be employed to improve supplier performance, maximize value and innovation delivered, reduce risk and drive opportunities to decrease costs via optimized supplier relationships.
In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- Define, promote and implement the strategic vision and mission of the SMO, in alignment with MassMutual Procurement Operating Model and enterprise business strategy
- Create, maintain, and lead the delivery of policies, standards, procedures, communication and training strategies to support and sustain the Supplier Management Office (SMO)
- Enhance and/or establish processes that optimize MassMutual’s supplier relationships and enable efficient operations
- Accountable for monitoring and managing MassMutual Business Units’ adherence to SMO requirements by providing support and assistance to the BUs with respect to supplier management oversight
- Provide insight on current supplier relationships, including spend, relationship health and supplier performance, as well as providing mitigation options for any supplier-related issues and risks
- Assess supplier portfolio, current and potential uses, evaluates enterprise roadmap to identify future needs, and establishes strategies to optimize
- Drive continue process improvements that increase operational efficiency, optimizes supplier relationships, and improves customer satisfaction for the Supplier Management function
- Oversee supplier segmentation process and ensure suppliers are appropriately classified based on MassMutual supplier tiers
- Build and maintain an engagement model with cross enterprise stakeholders that is sustainable, clear and flexible
- Actively strategize and collaborate with cross functional team leaders to align on best practices and areas of improvement in supplier management that align with overall MassMutual strategy
- Build close cross functional relationships across the enterprise (Business Units, Third Party Risk Management, Legal, Procurement and other corporate functions)
- Provide training materials and lead training workshops for the organization on SMO activities
- Hire, develop and coach members of the Supplier Management OfficeThe skills that make you a great fit.
- Required Experience
- 10+ years of experience either in a supplier client relationship management role, internal supplier management roles, category management or strategic sourcing or an equivalent combination of Procurement and consulting experience
- Proven track record implementing procurement industry best practices for Supplier Management
- Proven experience in successfully leading a team in the management of suppliers/third parties, including, but not limited to, policies, performance, supplier risk, relationships, contracts, and issue and dispute resolution
- Extensive experience working across a complex organization to create needed alignment and harness relationships to collaborate with business units to influence decisions and drive supplier management strategy
- Experience working closely with senior executives, understanding priorities, what information is needed to support decisions and confidence in delivering presentations and advisement to senior leadersEducation:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- MBA preferred