As the Head of Strategy Operations and LEAN academy (SOLA) you oversee the processes and projects at the site to ensure successful delivery of the site’s mission, goals and strategy and its deployment (e.g. Annual Business Cycle, Site Business Plan and Operational Reviews)
In addition this role includes Project Portfolio Management, Risk Management and Business Continuity Management as well as Learning, Site Communication and Organizational Change Management. Another focus is on Operational Excellence where you oversee the development and implementation of Operational Excellence for the sites activities.
You coordinate activities related to the implementation and dissemination of the Global Operational Excellence Program, ensuring the certification of specialists (e.g. LSS), as well as the implementation of projects following the Lean Six Sigma methodology to drive improvement.
You serve both, our patients and our employees in the value streams on site by developing and implementing process improvements, foster the dialogue and collaboration between global functions in development, innovation and regulatory and align across other Roche manufacturing sites. You will be part of the Site Leadership Team and report to the Site Head.
- Support the Site Head with the development and deployment of the Site Business Plan as part of the site strategy and support the realization throughout all local functions
- Develop and oversee the site-wide Communications strategy and execution
- Support development, implementation and monitoring of Site Goals and KPl's, including integration of value stream goals
- Responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of business processes at the site
- Ensures site alignment with PT(x), goals, systems and business processes
- Responsible for oversight of OE, developing and directing Cl strategy, assisting in execution of Cl activities including continuous improvement of the LPS, and collaborating with the network.
- Is the steward of the Program Management Office (PMO) processes and ensures alignment of the value stream, site and network portfolios
- Provides oversight and ownership for the site Risk Management process including Quality, Safety and Business Risk
- Provides oversight and ownership for the Site Business Continuity
- Oversees the Site Project Portfolio Process, integrates the Value Stream Portfolio’s
- Lead the development of training programs at the site e.g. leadership development and capability building
- Ensures a compliant training environment and documentation system
- Oversee and implement Business Process Management, Operations reviews, Resource Management, and adaptive capacity for the site
- Strong creative leadership skills according to Visionary, Architect, Coach, and Catalyst (VACC) model and shown ability to build forward -thinking outlook; remove barriers, develop people and technical capabilities; build an environment which enables people to perform at their best
- Support Roche’s mission of advancing and boldly championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to implement, coach and apply lean and agile ways of working
- Develop and communicate organizational strategies, which ensure the GMP compliance of the site, continuous improvements and achievement of long-term goals
- Lead, coach, and guide the organization. Manage performance and development of the members of the Strategic Operations and Lean Academy (SOLA) Unit to achieve organizational goals and employee personal and professional growth
- As a site leadership team member, drive collaboration within site and across network activities, cross functional planning, and decision-making.
- Build a strong pipeline of talent and robust succession plans for key positions.
- Have a firm understanding of people practices including hiring, promotion, compensation, mentoring and coaching and apply these in order to shape the site culture. Provide training of personnel on company and department policies systems and processes by understanding the end to end view
- Be the champion and advocate for Engrained Quality at the Site
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and model lean leadership principles
- Accountable for overall budget and financial performance of the Business Support organization.
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
Who you are:
You actively pursue new ideas and question conventional thought patterns. You appreciate working in a dynamic organization with ambitious goals and an environment characterized by mutual respect, open dialogue and collaboration across numerous global and local interfaces.
To be successful in this role, you bring along the following skills/qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (science or engineering) - Graduate Degree or MBA is preferred
- 12 or more years work experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry with at least 5 or years people and project management experience
- Experience in collaboration and project management in cross-functional teams and high interface competence and good leadership skills in a matrix organization
- Familiar with manufacturing and business processes at a site; understanding of the opportunities and challenges within the network
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Good assertiveness in a global environment and a continuous approach to improvement
- Excellent communications skills in English (German is a plus) and the ability to effectively communicate and influence across all levels of the organization