We are looking for an experienced and dynamic finance professional to take ownership of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Strategic Finance functions at Shift. In this role you will serve as a key leader within Shift finance and have the opportunity to build out the FP&A function within a fast growing and complex startup. In this player/coach role, you will need to exhibit the potential for rapidly increasing levels of responsibility & a mastery of corporate FP&A functions. The ideal candidate will have previous experience at a startup and a demonstrated ability to drive organizational decision making through strategic financial analysis.
What you'll do
- First and foremost, you will be a strategic business partner responsible for driving informed decision making across Shift leadership, EPD and Operations teams.
- Own and build Shift's financial and operational forecasting models to quantify opportunities and risks associated with profitable growth
- Partner with market and functional leaders to develop forecasts, KPIs and operationalize data-driven insights and decision making within cross-functional teams
- Deep dive into Shift's financials to drive sound decision making - identify the key drivers for business generation and profitability to develop investment strategies and support capital planning/resource allocation
- Institute best practice FP&A processes to improve Shift's profitability and scalability
- Lead financial and operational reporting - digest financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis and communicate trends, risks, opportunities to the executive team
- Manage & advise on special projects - may include new product or market launches and capital market initiatives
- BS/BA (Accounting or Finance major preferred) with 4+ years of financial management experience and a track record of success in finance positions of increasingly progressive responsibility in a high-growth or startup environment
- Analytical background with combination of experience working in investment banking, management consulting, private equity or an industry finance role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership and with investors
- Must be team oriented, enjoying working with colleagues in a highly collaborative environment
- Advanced MS Excel skills and ERP/EPM/BI skills required