- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of work experience in Organizational Development, Organizational Effectiveness, or Organizational Change Consulting.
- 4 years of experience in a people management role.
About the job
- Master's degree, PhD degree, or up-to-date professional certifications in Organizational Development or a relevant field.
- 10 years of consulting experience in corporate settings, including a proven track record of tangible client impact in organizational change.
- Experience in consulting across multiple Organizational Development disciplines.
- Proven track record of building and implementing development solutions across OD disciplines, working across organizational boundaries to deliver high impact solutions.
- High degree of personal and professional credibility, including responsiveness, business focus, integrity, sound judgment, and ability to prioritize effectively across competing demands.
Google's known for our innovative technologies, products and services -- and for the people behind them. Whether you are making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You are focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google's long-term hiring needs, and work across a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams. You are both scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share the magic of working at Google.
The PeopleDev team works to strengthen Google's performance and culture by preparing Googlers to successfully navigate their most critical challenges today and in the future. We leverage renown expertise, engaging content, tools, technology, and innovative design to scale learning and support Googlers at all stages of their careers - from new hire (Noogler) orientation, to manager training, to senior leadership development. In addition to high-impact learning programs, classes and resources, we also provide organizational development consulting and customized solutions that increase the health and performance of Google's organizations and overall business. We're a team of individuals passionate about helping Googlers unlock their fullest potential.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as \"Human Resources\"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You'll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices. Responsibilities
- Contribute to continuing research (internal and external) and development of methodologies, templates, case studies, and best practices in organization development (OD) and change. Obtain and maintain professional certifications where appropriate/relevant.
- Architect OD solutions and capability building at scale: codify, build, and activate case studies, white papers, tools and solutions across the OD Practice - and beyond.
- Mentor/develop the capabilities of the OD Practice and scale our capabilities by activating the extended OD Network.
- Represent Google externally on topics related to organizational change and domain expertise. Contribute thought leadership to the field of practice outside Google actively.
- Partner in the delivery of consulting engagements as needed to mentor/coach the team, help build capability and test and incubate new tools/solutions.