LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp powers data collaboration by making it safe and easy to connect the world's data, people, and applications. We are one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses—the enabling product behind >700 enterprise customers and many of the world's biggest brands and technology platforms.
This role provides a hands-on leadership opportunity for developing and steering our North America Solution Engineering team. This person will work as an equal partner with our Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to define our go to market strategy acting as our customers technical advocate. If we make our customers successful - they will make us successful. This is a highly visible and critical role, also partnering with our senior Product and Engineering leaders, as the most visible technical evangelists and a key voice representing the field.
In this role, you will manage a team of Solution Engineers that represent all LiveRamp products to deliver sales support. Your knowledge of identity, collaboration and all marketing customer use cases combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities will shape how our LiveRamp product will grow. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of LiveRamp's key customers and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business.
LiveRamp Solution Engineers are the link between LiveRamp products and the front-line sales team. Your focus is to help turn innovation into complete, packaged solutions that allow our customers to get the most that they need from our products. As part of the Pre Sales team, you'll help to ensure that LiveRamp has adopted the right strategy for our products and iterate to success. Your expertise to help front-line Sales partners to work their magic quickly and effectively. You are passionate about leading a team to help shape the world of cross company data collaboration.
- Manage and lead a diverse team of Sales Engineers, as well as extending our enablement capabilities to partners/channels in the coming years.
- Partner with commercial/marketing leadership to ensure success in meeting and exceed sales targets as the technical arm of solutions selling.
- Partner with product and engineering teams during product lifecycle to provide the voice of the customer back through iteration.
- Develop and breed a culture of a Growth Mindset to be continually investing in development and education of the team
- Drive standard process and systems for the Solutions Engineering team to run at scale- Standard Templates, Vertical Solution Recipes, Technical Score Cards, Competencies, Career Pathing and 360 review cycles.
- Present to and engage with prospects and customers of all sizes and in a variety of industries, both technically and non-technically oriented, including C-level executives. You have the ability to understand complex business problems, discuss those problems, and present solutions that differentiate LiveRamp solutions and overcome objections.
- Seamlessly connect LiveRamp technology to the wider tech ecosystem, partnering with the product team to develop solutions which might integrate with Customer Data Warehouses, CDP, DMP, Ad Server and SSP/DSP partners.
- Be seen as a thought leader and expert inside and outside the company.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of customer facing presentations (QBRs, Pitches, etc.)
- Conduct / participate in opportunity post mortems, to ensure we dig into the 5 Whys and treat every defect as a treasure to continue to improve our Solution Engineering discipline.
Your team will:
Partner with Sales and drive value by solutioning the workflows on top of our platform to deliver innovative products and better experiences for our customers.
- 15+ previous experience in a solutions engineering role and 5+ years in solutions engineering leadership role in a related SaaS B2B industry.
- Expertise in data engineering disciplines such as data architecture, data acquisition / transformation, processing / statistical analysis and visualization.
- Knowledge of SaaS sales discipline to ensure smooth partnership with your commercial lead partners
- Knowledge of the ad tech ecosystem and identity resolution technologies.
- Knowledge of the cloud data tech ecosystem, including tools such as Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift / S3 and as well as visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio, and Power BI.
- Remarkably strategic, driven, and highly entrepreneurial
- Exceptional project management skills, and are able to track work streams across various stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience documenting detailed market needs and business requirements for the purpose of developing new business opportunities and aligning on strategic goals
- Experience influencing outcomes in a cross-functional or matrix organization
- Independent-worker and self-sufficient. You need little management, only coaching and mentorship
- Great communication skills both internally and externally.
- You build relationships with customers' executive leadership teams. You can take an introduction to one contact, and connect with many, including C-Level management at the F1000
- Ability to quickly identify and triage opportunities
- Thrive in taking initiative from idea through to the finished product/partnership
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and proactive (no exceptions)
- Have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Technology, or related field
- Willingness to travel
- Experience developing federated cloud deployments across regions
- Experience working with multi cloud setups
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco, New York City, Boston or remote from home