As the head of Site Services, you will have overall responsibility for ensuring a safe, compliant, efficient, operation of our campus, including buildings, grounds, incoming utilities, through direct service and outsourced Integrated Facilities Management (IFM). The role includes the formal requirements for Site Security Officer (SSO) and Environmental Health and Safety (SHE) Officer as required by Roche Group governance.
You serve both, our patients and our employees in the value streams on site by developing and implementing process improvements, foster the dialogue and collaboration between global functions in development, innovation and regulatory and align across other Roche manufacturing sites. You will be part of the Site Leadership Team and report to the Site Head.
- Strong creative leadership skills according to Visionary, Architect, Coach, and Catalyst (VACC) model and shown ability to build forward -thinking outlook; remove barriers, develop people and technical capabilities; build an environment which enables people to perform at their best
- Support Roche’s mission of advancing and boldly championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to implement, coach and apply lean and agile ways of working
- Develop and communicate organizational strategies, which ensure the GMP compliance of the site, continuous improvements and achievement of long-term goals
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Lead, coach, and guide the organization. Manage performance and development of the members of the Campus Services group to achieve organizational goals and employee personal and professional growth
- As a site leadership team member, drive collaboration within site and across network activities, cross-functional planning, and decision making.
- Build a strong pipeline of talent and robust succession plans for key positions.
- Have a firm understanding of people practices including hiring, promotion, compensation, mentoring and coaching and apply these in order to shape the site culture. Provide training of personnel on company and department policies systems and processes by understanding the end to end view
- Be the champion and advocate for Engrained Quality at the Site
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and model lean leadership principles
- Accountable for overall budget and financial performance of the Site Services Organization.
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
- Responsible for ensuring that services related to the safe, compliant, reliable, and efficient operation of all site buildings, and facilities, are delivered according to customer expectations.
- Establish and maintain preventive and corrective maintenance programs to maximize asset availability and optimize life-cycle costs.
- Engage in the Campus Reliability Engineering program.
- Manage and operate building systems, assuring required quality and availability while directing effective conservation programs relating to water, electricity, natural gas and other energy resources.
- Manage expense and capital budgets for the organization and for the site infrastructure portfolio.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of innovative and cost effective designs for various CAPEX projects on the site. The projects are delivered according to agreed upon scopes, budgets, and schedules and the work is controlled within these limitations.
- Establish and enforce corporate architectural and engineering design standards and guidelines, including compliance with cGMP and local design requirements.
- Administers IFM service contracts with facility and engineering service provider(s) ensuring that cost, quality and delivery achieve the best value and manages ongoing relationships with providers.
- Stays abreast of developments in code and regulatory issues at the local level for impact to company operations and ensures that all facilities comply with these regulations and cGMP requirements. Will also obtain and maintain all permits and licenses.
- Implement and maintain the Asset Lifecycle Management program. Include asset criticality, conditions assessment, and risk assessment. Translate this information into an asset strategy that considers maintenance, operations, spare parts, asset replacement, and reinvestment.
- Manage the measures to be taken based on the results of the maintenance performance indicators.
- Manage the implementation of Roche Sustainability Goals through 2025 aspiration
- Manage all interactions with local City, State, and other government agencies
- Ensure SHE and cGMP Compliance for all Site Functions
- Establish and maintain site security program across campus, including management of life safety system and corporate security access and controls
- Partners with and supports other Roche legal entities in the country for facilities management support
Who you are:
You actively pursue new ideas and question conventional thought patterns. You appreciate working in a dynamic organization with ambitious goals and an environment characterized by mutual respect, open dialogue and collaboration across numerous global and local interfaces.
To be successful in this role, you bring along the following skills/qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required (science or engineering is preferred); Graduate or higher-level Degree and Facilities Professional certifications is preferred
- 12 or more years’ work experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry with 6 or more years’ people management experience and 4 or more years’ facilities management, engineering or related experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience working in a cGMP environment
- Proficient knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, central plant systems, clean room technology, cGMP relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, SHE, security, and EHS systems and programs
- Strong creative leadership skills according to the Visionary, Architect, Coach, Catalyst (VACC) model.
- Proven ability to coach and implement lean ways of working
- Dedication to serve and delight internal an external customers, passion for developing people and shaping a new organization to deliver on the Pharma
- Understands and applies agile ways of working.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Builds trustful and effective relationships
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Takes responsibility, drives results, and achieves expected outcomes