- The Head of Development Technology & Process reports to the Global CTO and acts as principal architect of GCT’s development environment, responsible for setting and governing standards for the technology, design patterns, methodology, and tooling used in the development of software by GCT. This role works in unison with CATE and development leaders/practitioners across GCT to ensure all aspects of GCT’s development environment remain consistent with enterprise standards and enable a high standard of developer productivity, engagement, and delivery of efficient high-quality software solutions. In addition, the Head of Development Technology & Process influences strategy, develops of capability, and fosters a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism, and excellence across the global CTO function.
- The Head of SDLC and Process will report to the Head of Development Technology & Process and act as the global leader of GCT’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), responsible for setting, governing and ensuring adherence to SDLC process standards across regions and lines-of-business, and the work effort of GCB’s 15,000 strong development organization. The team will support the efficient and cost-effective delivery of high-torque enhancements to the core/heritage/monolithic applications, and high-speed VOLUME enhancements to the customer touch-point/digital/mobile applications. This role will work in unison with GCT leadership, CTI, CATE and development and QA leaders and practitioners to optimize the software development lifecycle and ensure processes are consistent with enterprise standards and enable a high standard of developer productivity, engagement, and delivery. Central to the success of this role is a leader who is recognized for process thought leadership, respected as an experienced practitioner, possessing both, pragmatic knowledge about our GCT and Citi processes, as well as, industry best practices. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate influence, coupled with a passion and energy to lead the organization to a world-class standard of software delivery are important to the role as well. The Head of SDLC and Process is a pivotal leadership role on the CTO team and is expected to influence strategy, the development of capability, and foster a culture of innovation, dependability, pragmatism, and excellence across the global CTO Development Technology & Process organization.
- Create andexecute a comprehensive program for an innovative suite of GCT-wide technology processes with a focus on development and governance with the goal of a practitioner-oriented SDLC; empowering high velocity while comprehensively addressing development risks and quality.
- Drive development lifecycle capability while ensuring alignment to enterprise (CITMS, CSTLC and CSDLC) and regulatory standards and compliance controls, supporting a bi-modal application architecture approach (fast delivery of customer-facing applications decoupled from slower release of backend legacy systems), including waterfall, agile and scrum development methodologies.
- Drive development lifecycle optimization to reduce cycle time through leaner processes and reduction of non-value add (NVA) within the lifecycle, both agile and waterfall; leveraging techniques such as VSA.
- Govern GCT’s methodology for software development with the goal of achieving agility, efficiency, and quality in software development, testing, and project management across multiple technology domains (i.e. digital, legacy, analytics, RPA, etc.); influence and certify compliance with Citi’s SDLC control requirements to ensure an appropriate standard of consistent control is present and consistently validated.
- Facilitate with key partners and stakeholders to set direction and tactical delivery of improved capability that includes all aspects of the lifecycle from discovery and requirements through performance, security, and compliance.
- Create strategies for continued iterative process improvement with specific measures for success and an operationalizable roadmap for implementation across GCT; ensuring currency against industry trends and associated applicability to Citi to improve maturity and optimize process, efficiency and cost while minimizing risk.
- Lead the global adoption of process improvement across GCT development communities in conjunction with the respective development leaders; ensure realization of intended value via the right awareness/education, guidance and oversight on effective use and visibility of appropriate adoption metrics.
- Lead process innovation and maturity that drives down cycle time through tool/process integration including orchestration and telemetry where it facilitates the development cycle.
- Drive engagement with Enterprise Solution Development Council
- Own and maintain the Process Asset library, ensuring currency, clarity and availability for global GCT development community.
- Implement the end-to-end development process measurement, providing a measured view of productivity, speed, cost, and quality; develop insight and actions to continuously improve performance through evolving technologies, design patterns, methods, and/or adoption and capability.
- Implement a high standard of governance across strategic, project, operational, risk and financial dimensions of performance required to achieve global and regional objectives and the objectives of the CTO function.
- Provide thought leadership with respect to the key technologies and practices adopted across GCT development communities.
- Recruit and develop high performing talent; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect, and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE, and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism, and excellence.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, leading practices, and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations.
- Act as an advocate for engineering practitioners, representing GCT and advocating with leaders in CATE, Risk, Legal, Technology Infrastructure, Compliance and Finance in the formation of processes, practices and standards.
- Bachelordegree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field
- Master’s degreepreferred