Who we are and what we do:
Covance is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Covance, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner, as Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Materials & Sample Management to join our Global Laboratory Systems (GLS) Division. The GLS division acts as an integral partnership function providing support with equipment, automation, document control, materials and sample management to ensure the smooth running of lab operations across the global Chemistry function. As the Head of Materials & Sample Management, you will have the global responsibility for sample, stability and materials management across the Chemistry Solutions business.
You will have responsibility for the following:
- Develop & implement a strategic plan for Materials & Sample management across Chemistry solutions.
- Lead global sample and materials change projects to drive process improvement across the business to improve quality, delivery or profitability.
- Lead the materials & sample team.
- Act as internal partner and advocate for QA to improve current systems in line with their guidance.
- Manage the service level agreement for Covance Sample Management to ensure continuing business support.
- Liaise with Finance, PMO and sourcing for Capital Expenditure Purchase process with respect to projects needing funding within sample and materials management.
- Proactively identify and work with operational teams to resolve issues impacting the strategic and tactical execution of programs.
- Serve as Sample and Materials subject matter expert, acting as a senior leader to the global team.
What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry, developing the strategy to help create labs of the future.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities.
- Ability to work with a variety of different laboratories and clients on wide ranging projects.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- 10 Years of experience in a GxP Environment
- 7-8 Years of experience in Line/Group management
- 7-8 Years managing scientific logistics/large projects/inventory management
- Experience in working in a mutli-site environment would be beneficial
- Functional knowledge of LIMS and other electronic data systems