Head of Sales
Our client is looking for a dynamic and proven sales leader to drive revenue growth as the Head of Sales for their established global portfolio of events with the tech space with an impressive annual growth and highly respected within the tech industry!
The Head of Sales position is reporting into the VP of Sales and is a remote role so strong leadership of a sales team is needed, managing and leading a team of 6 sales professionals, as well as being able to demonstrate your own impressive sales achievements and growth, along with a strategic and consultative approach.
The Sales Director will support the VP of Sales in defining and executing sales strategies, agreeing on revenue targets and budgets with Brand Leadership, while developing strategic territory plans and managing a series of campaigns for the sales teams. As the Sales Director they will be responsible for the day to day sales performance management, utilizing sales techniques and competitions to drive sales activity for their team, while supporting the professional development and mentoring of team members, with a focus on developing an effective sales culture across the business.
CONTINUALLY LEAD THE TEAM TO:
- Develop plans to prospect, generate and seek new business opportunities inside and outside of existing client base through cold calling, follow-up calling and attendance at industry related events
- Sell to existing customer accounts with engaging conversations and compelling proposals while guiding them through buying process
- Utilize consultative selling methods to prospective and existing customers by offering new opportunities
- Build upon industry specific knowledge, including attending competitor events, analyzing customer data, sharingexperiences across the team
- Maintain and nurture existing customer relationships
- Identify cross/up sell opportunities to grow the size of accounts, and instill good practice sales techniques to effectively close deals
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics based on constant customer feedback
5+ years?experience in leading B2B sales teams and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
Experience in managing and developing sales teams to drive maximum profitability
Experience in maintaining customer relationships and proven customer retention techniques
Experience with leading customer account growth
Proven ability to lead and manage a Sales team, instilling an effective Sales culture with high energy
Strong leadership and sales performance management experience demonstrating growth
Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and manage high value accounts
Strong interpersonal skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
University Bachelor?s Degree / University of Applied Sciences qualification or equivalent work experience