- Job ID: 18016317
- Citi’s Global Consumer Bank Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi’s Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the CTO include enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; performance engineering and testing; development operations (dev ops) strategy and execution; operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI; and production management of GCB’s global application portfolio.
- The Sales and Service CTO organization will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on creating a consistent and customer-focused sales and service architecture and strategy across all products and regions, enabled by a platform and cloud-based forward compatible architecture, which can leverage and responsively incorporate innovative capabilities at a lower operating cost. This will allow Citi to respond to market demands and conditions, drive capabilities more adaptively, and ultimately lead in the financial industry.
- This role will report directly to the Global Chief Architect of Sales and Service. This person will lead and drive the Sales and Acquisitions sub-domain with key responsibilities including strategy and roadmap delivery in conjunction with partners including business teams globally, operations globally, and CTI and EO&T/CATE. Key activities will be working with Sales Leaders across all businesses and regions to work on consistent and relevant sales and acquisitions/account opening and originations solutions to drive revenue growth, higher acquisition rates and automation and efficiencies.
- Ownership of the application portfolio and productivity plans within the subdomain.
- Additional responsibilities will include leadership and delivery with matrix reporting into a regional architect, managing direct reports supporting that region as well as architects globally under the Sales and Acquisitions sub-domain.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities/threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it is informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap.
- Maintain reference architecture for the assigned domain(s), ensuring it is anchored in current/emerging business requirements, consistent with enterprise and sector architectural tenets, supported by clearly defined financial and non-financial rationale, and actionable within the context of Citi’s investment and risk appetite.
- Maintain domain level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives and both highlight and mitigate financialrisks to the extent possible.
- Provide domain leadership within global and regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap at domain level are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the architecture and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions and stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster regionally aligned solution architect/design communities with intimate knowledge of our reference architecture and roadmaps and a governance process that will ensure our reference architecture and roadmap remain relevant within regional contexts and central to individual investment and project decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. CATE and CTI) in the development of our reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Manage the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Manage a team of architects to support digital domain efforts. Provide leadership and mentorship in developing their careers while holding them accountable to their goals. Work in conjunction with the regional CTOs to manage workloads, deliverables, coaching, performance reviews and compensation recommendations.
- Develop high performing talent both in our CTO teams and the engineering teams we engage; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE and other partner organizations; and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of CTO responsibility, and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or related field.
- Master's degreepreferred.