HDS is seeking a senior executive to lead its retailer services department and build it from the ground up. This is an untapped opportunity to provide brand retailers a next-generation, end-to end ecommerce solution – sales, fulfillment and delivery into the home.
HDS offers consumers a single online store to shop for fresh groceries and general merchandise from the world's leading retail brands. In HDS fulfillment centers, multi-retailer orders are assembled as one lot, packaged in reusable totes, and delivered at no cost to customers via friendly HDS couriers, offering retail-level customer service, right at their doorstep.
Our patented robotic fulfillment center, RoboFS, dramatically cuts fulfillment costs, and our retailer-friendly eCommerce platform turbocharges retailer supply chains, allowing them to add a revenue stream, while controlling and extending brand awareness on an all-category service platform. As a result, HDS will be able to offer a wider selection than currently available from any one mass merchant, along with a free, same-day delivery experience.
What you will do at HDS
Vertical retailers are the backbone of the HDS service. We want you to expand our successful strategic partner programs to top retailers, design our retail offering, and build and lead the department that owns and manages retailer relationships.
- Strategic partnerships with retailers: Target and sell a select group of launch retailers to work closely with HDS as it goes live. Complete about a dozen vertical retailer deals representing a range of general merchandise categories, such as women’s athleisure, menswear and toys.
- Retailer agreement: Design our retail offering encompassing all terms including pricing, service levels and revenue share and modeled after the successful shop-in-shop agreements that departments stores use.
- Talented team: Design an organizational structure to support the needs of your department. Have the networks and ability to build a world-class team rapidly.
- Executive team membership: Lead in a collaborative and proactive manner. Communicate to critical stakeholders frequently and with high quality. Bring exceptional communication and public speaking skills to the table.
What we’re looking for
You understand how retailer C-suites work, know how to gain access and develop successful partnership agreements.
- Strong retail background: You live/breathe brand retailing and have experience managing a business unit/functional area for a top retail branded company.
- Deep roots: You maintain an extensive network in brand/retail and a sales/business development mindset
- POV: You possess a strong POV on retail and ecommerce, and a perspective and strategy regarding how to best engage top retailers to sell through HDS
- Operational chops: You can both craft a thoughtful strategy and move from strategy into execution
- Ideally live locally in the Bay Area or in NYC
Why work here? The big stuff
- Founding team: Be a part of a smart founding team setting the standards and solving the big problems, with the special stock grants that this entails.
- Autonomy, mastery, purpose: We provide a clear mission so that you can self-direct your work, exceptional challenges to hone your skills, and an opportunity to be a part of a vital retail service that saves people time and radically ups their quality of life.
- Well-funded: HDS is well-funded and can offer above market comp, depending on desire for equity.
And the usual stuff is carefully planned too
- Top tier perks: 100% paid-for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision, plus a tax-advantaged monthly allowance toward personal enrichment benefits of your choice.
- Flexibility: Have the freedom to work wherever. You will not be required to be in the office more than two days per week.
- Empowered: We will provide you the most advanced equipment and administrative services to support your productivity and remove hassles for you.