KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the quarterly framework including initial reconciliations, ACE selections, peer review, controls and documentation.
- Chair the Reinsurance Reserve Committee Meeting
- Oversee the selection of actuarial assumptions including initial expected loss ratios, loss development curves and default method weights.
- Review and validate plan loss ratios.
- Support legal entity and corporate reporting requirements.
- Perform ad-hoc deep dive analyses on reserving hot topics such as social inflation.
- Continually enhance processes and help improve reserving analytics.
- Manage relationships with outside auditor and independent third-party actuarial reviewer and answer questions regarding Reinsurance.
- Assist in the annual Planning exercise, liaising closely with Pricing and Risk Functions.
- Manage Reinsurance reserving team ensuring the company recruits, retains and develops staff to enable a high-performance reserving function.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
A person in this position should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business, Risk Management or a similar field.
- Significant industry experience with an insurance, reinsurance, or consulting background in reserving, pricing, or modeling roles.
- Experience managing actuarial staff for an insurance/reinsurance or consulting company.
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS/ACAS) or Institute of Actuaries (FIA) preferred.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively with different functional areas.
- Must be familiar with SAP/GAAP reporting and actuarial standards of practice and be well-versed in ratemaking and reserving using traditional and advanced techniques.
- Experience and demonstrated success in significant leadership and management roles.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and direct the execution of organizational goals, objectives, and complex processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically and stimulate creativity.
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail.