Job Description & Requirements
The Head of Real Estate is responsible for developing national strategies and providing direction and guidance on the Dean Food real estate portfolio which includes hundreds of properties in the U.S. A key responsibility is the execution of the strategic real estate plans and optimization of capital assets for the company.
This role is the key liaison with internal executive stakeholders to understand short and long-term business requirements for effective real estate and facility strategy development and implementation.
- Lead and execute real estate transactions including but not limited to, acquisition, divestiture, leases, sales lease backs and terminations.
- Proactively develop and drive real estate strategy for the company.
- Actively engage in the due diligence efforts associates with acquisitions.
- Work with internal executives to understand current and future business requirements and build business plans accordingly.
- Prepares, managers and forecasts operating and capital budgets for the portfolio. Achieves strategic targets and leverages cost-savings programs and initiatives.
- Develop strategies to manager and/or consolidate real estate service providers.
- Explore options to reduce operating expenses wherever appropriate to improve return on assets.
- Identify best practices, provide analysis and exploit benchmarking opportunities for the benefit of the company.
- Aggressively leverage Dean Foods scale to drive standardization and reduce costs.
- Build and manage the real estate data portfolio to analyze, anticipate and plan real estate changes, propose alternative solutions and make optimal recommendations based on DF objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, business, finance, or other equivalent experience
- Master’s in Business Administration highly desired
- 15 + years of progressive real estate experiencerequired, with at least 8years of senior level executive management experience.
- Strong proven experience and success in developing effective real estate strategies for major corporations with complex portfolios.
- Ability to manage large capital and expense budgets and to execute transactions flawlessly.
- 15+ years of operational and financial management experiencerequired
- High level of leadership capability and credibility and ability to be influential at the highest level in the organization
- Ability to think strategically and holistically about the business and its unique real estate needs.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships
- Experience working as part of a senior leadership team in a large corporate setting with matrix reporting.
- Strong change leadership skills required. Must have demonstrated ability to proactively drive change within a business to enhance business results
- Must embrace the continuous improvement mindset, seeking out new ways to do things and generate efficiencies or better insights
Requisition ID 2018-6565