With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over four years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
As Head of Real Estate, you will rapidly grow our supply of profitable Sonderlocations bypartnering with localdevelopers and owners to establish hotels in full buildings or portions of buildings that look and feel like multifamily. You will ensure our long-term success in the city in accordance with public policy whether it relates to operating in an existing favorable regulatory framework orworking with theGeneral Managerin guiding policymakers to create one.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop 36 month growth acquisition plan, including strategy to achieve this plan.
- Learn all Sonder tips and tools for negotiating and structuring deals, which includes working closely with the Data Science team to gain expertise in Sonders’ proprietary projection models.
- Become an expert at Salesforce while ensuring full compliance of Sonder business development procedures and driving improvements to the process when shortcomings are identified.
- Become fluent in local public policy and existing short term rental regulations. In cases where no framework has been established, implant yourself where necessary to favorably influence STR regulation.
- Manage all landlords whether lease or partnership for the duration of Sonder’s business relationship with them. This includes ongoing correspondence and lease compliance.
- Develop, train and manage network of local agent/broker partners to drive supply acquisition on a commission basis.
- Host (at minimum) quarterly Sonder ‘Open Houses’ to foster community relations and present the value and benefits of partnering with Sonder while enhancing public image.
- Upon reaching operational maturity, build and manage a team of varying business development positions to drive sales efforts to ensure that Sonder units are being rented for their best and highest use, which may include: leases, corporate housing, special events, and short term vacation rentals.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- You’re an accomplished closer who is self driven.
- You’ve mastered the art of presenting a value proposition and handling objections while inspiring trust.
- You have a powerful network. You can find your way to anyone in the city, particularly when it comes to real estate.
- You are analytical, decisive and have the entrepreneurial drive to craft and implement a strategic plan for property acquisition.
- You have experience in a real estate related role and can design sophisticated partnerships in order to create long term value.
- Minimum 3 years of experience related to leadership of real estate, hospitality, travel, or accommodation related businesses.
- You’re an overachiever. You set high goals and then exceed them.
- You can deftly navigate the public policy environment and have a knack for understanding and influencing the legal/regulatory framework.
- You have a proven track record of growing a multi-million dollar business unit, and have excelled in business development, consistently hitting your numbers in the past.
- You’re a strategic thinker who has led organizations through rapid growth.
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms.