At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, and Stakeholder Relations.
This Marketing Leader (Head of Product Marketing) is responsible for leading all product marketing for Wells Fargo Asset Management to improve competitive positions, penetrate target markets, and deliver strong client experiences in service of revenue and growth objectives. Channels include Intermediary (national and independent broker dealers, RIAs, private bank) and Institutional ( DC, Pension, Corporate, Insurance, Health Care, Endowment and Foundation).
The Head of Product Marketing will be responsible for product marketing strategy and execution across all retail and institutional client segments, and will report into the Head of Wells Fargo Asset Management Marketing. The role is characterized by broad management responsibilities including a range of strategic marketing functions and will partner across all product development and product management as well as all functional areas of the asset management business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a critical marketing leader across Wells Fargo Asset Management businesses including serving on the Wells Fargo Asset Management Marketing Leadership committee to partner across all intermediary and institutional functional areas of the asset management business
- Provide a leadership role in developing end-to-end product marketing support for all client facing teams
- Represent Marketing on Cross Wells Fargo Asset Management Product Resources Committee and Fund Board Communications committee
- Support leaders in the positioning and distribution of new products and enhancing existing products to meet client needs. Collaborate with Channel marketing leaders to deliver a “one Wells Fargo Asset Management” approach to product marketing strategy and cross platform execution
- Provide businesses, channels, and functions with marketing metrics to measure and monitor success of product marketing programs including return on investment, impact on revenue goals, etc.
- Develop strong senior level relationships across the product development, product management and distribution organizations to support and standardize product-specific initiatives across all channels
- Partner with dedicated resources in centers of marketing excellence across Wells Fargo to operationalize and execute the asset management product marketing strategy and cross platform programs. Key centers of excellence include Integrated Marketing, Digital & Social Capabilities, Insights & Analytics
- Maintain strict adherence to regulatory guidelines for all marketing communications including proactive management of marketing operational risk. A keen understanding of the investment management regulatory environment and a focus on risk are also key aspects of this role
- Collaborate and influence across lines of business at multiple levels, as well as be able to counsel partners with the ability to connect “dots” across various and sometimes competing/ambiguous challenges
Key Measures Include:
Driving industry leading product marketing initiatives to improve competitive position, penetration of target markets, revenue growth, profitability, customer acquisition and retention.
Wells Fargo Asset Management Funds Management is a leading provider of top-tier, global investment solutions for retail and institutional clients. With more than US$490 billion in assets under management, Wells Fargo Asset Management has more than 30 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes. The overall team includes 1,200 dedicated professionals with offices and clients around the world.
This leader must have experience with complex, diverse and market-based businesses including many product lines and distribution channels. Deep knowledge of the asset management product and client types will be critical to success in this role.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 8+ years of marketing experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Marketing experience including asset management industry knowledge with a deep understanding of retail as well as institutional clients, investment industry dynamics, and marketplace trends
- Experience aligning marketing resources with product management and segment-specific distribution teams to drive exceptional commercial results and client outcomes
- Experience organizing, aligning, optimizing, and distributing product marketing through multiple channels
- A strong analytical background and understanding for how and when marketing is successful in driving positive business outcomes and using data to refine and improve marketing activities
- Proven experience delivering product support/ education throughout the sales cycle, ensuring that we continuously optimize our programs and experiences to drive the entire sales funnelthrough awareness and consideration to point of sale and purchase
- Experience managing marketing operational risk and ensuring rigorous standards are maintained
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 24 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.