$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Director, Game Product Management
Maxis - Studio
Electronic Arts is looking for the most talented game developers in the world to join us in our mission to add to our expanding portfolio of live service games from Maxis, including The Sims, SimCity Build-it, and more.
Our studio in Redwood Shores, CA, is seeking an experienced Director, Game Product Management to work
with our growing team of PM's to fully realize the potential of our current and future Maxis Products.
We at Maxis oversee the development of industry-leading titles such as The Sims, one of the world's top simulation
games and top ten selling franchises in gaming history. The Sims is among the biggest brands in the business, with
hundreds of millions of players across the globe and well over 20 million social media followers. In addition, we oversee development of mobile products from Track 20 in Helsinki (Sim City Build-it) , and other new development at EA Austin
We are seeking an experienced Director, Game Product Management to join the leadership team and realize an
amazing game experience and successful business. We expect the candidate to be key atbuilding a PM culture
across every location, ensuring best in class PM talent is hired and groomed for success. This individual will be working as the key business and monetization owner on the team, and willmanage, mentor and grow a team of world class PMs and grow a data driven organization by partnering with Director of analytics.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how to drive our business forward and grow a team in partnership with the Director of Analytics. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, heavily collaborative and iterative environment. In this role you'll be a leader of a team continuing to evolve our Sims Business, along with other new IP created at Maxis.
• Closely partner with studio product & creative leaders to ensure the game addresses players' motivations, while
maximizing acquisition, engagement, and monetization drivers
• Collaborate with other members of the game team leadership to design and manage key features that further
acquisition, engagement and monetization optimization efforts Own live service revenue growth and portfolio
optimization efforts for titles within the Maxis and Track Twenty portfolio
• Drive A/B experimentation to optimization gameplay and commerce
• Develop and mentor the PMs in the studios to build a world class game PM team
• Demonstrate "what good looks like" for all KPI's
• Own economy design, testing and tuning for all games in our portfolio
• Define and implement metrics and tracking tools for all products and use the data to drive intelligent decisions for
feature optimization or future feature development
• Partner closely with marketing, creative, and franchise teams to promote titles both in-game and externally to
optimize growth and ROI
Required Skills/Personal Requirements:
• Experience in launching successful live service products (PC &/or Mobile) ideally as a lead PM.
• Experience in Simulation genre preferred, PC, Mobile required, console a plus.
• Strong analytical skills and experience with rigorous approach to building products that leverages both qualitative and
quantitative insights to drive product design.
• Experience building and managing complex in-game economies.
• Must have managed and developed junior PMs or PM teams.
• Experience with structured, hypothesis driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights
and design experimentation.
• Experience with Multivariate testing.
• Solid collaboration/interfacing skills to work with design, production and technical stakeholders to identify product
levers that help achieve business goals and increase long-term player value.
• Strong communication and writing skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback. Has
presented to exec stakeholders in the past.
• Avid gamer
• BS/BA degree, ideally in quantitative discipline. MS/MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in consumer product sector.
• 4+ years as an Analyst, Product Manager, Producer or Systems Designer in games industry is ideal.
Valid Through: 2019-10-21