Lead a technology-focused product team to create innovative products and drive the product development process as Kabbage scales from one product to many.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the product management function for all core Kabbage product areas.
- Manage feature development with stakeholders and aligning all development activity to Kabbage goals and priorities.
- Practice lean Agile and ensuring product backlog grooming, prioritization and refinement across all teams. Create requirements. Measure and track results of initiatives.
- Successfully collaborate with teams and senior leaders from across Kabbage: Sales & Marketing, Legal, and especially Design and Engineering.
- Serve as the voice and ambassador of the product function and clearly communicating plans, priorities, and progress to Kabbage as a whole.
- Get deep into data. Evangelize the value of data and drive a data culture. Lead A/B testing and making product decisions based on results.
What we're looking for in you:
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems; open to new ways of doing things.
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Follow-through: Follows-through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Intelligence: Likes learning and learns quickly.
- Team Builder: You are highly engaging. Bringing people together to work effectively.
- Communication: A great communicator. Ability to speak clearly and with intent to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Entrepreneurial work style: Ability to make difficult decisions and take calculated risks. Able to recognize failure (fail-fast) and learn.
- Pace: Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving: Strong, proven problem-solving skills, and ability to drive solutions through to completion.
- Ability to develop people: Coaches peoples in their current roles to improve performance, and prepares them for future roles.
What you should have:
- Previous experience as a VP of Product at a SaaS or data company.
- Experience in managing complex products through data driven decision making.
- Experience partnering with engineering and design teams to define, build, and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement, and retention.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies. Agile methodology strongly preferred.
- Passion for FinTech, Kabbage, and global payments.
- Payments, credit card, or FinTech experience.