Software should work for you, not the other way around. Yet, most software for product development is difficult to use and needs a lot of time to configure; it was not purpose-built for modern, cross-functional teams building rapidly.
At Tara, we’re designing simple yet powerful software to solve these complex problems. We've built a smart platform that's helping thousands of engineers and teams deliver on planned releases, with improved predictability.
We're a founding team of seasoned engineers and product folks, building for innovators. We're passionate about enabling engineers and builders that create the platforms the world uses, everyday. Our investors include YCombinator, Acrew and Slack Fund.
If you have an innate curiosity around software teams with a desire to solve their problems, we would love to hear from you.
Your role at Tara
Product Strategy, Roadmap, Growth, and Planning.
- Lead Tara.AI’s entire product management, growth, and design function. Define end-to-end Product Management processes for evaluating new opportunities and managing existing products.
- Drive product strategy and planning, with a special focus on the Tara.AI platform.
- Work closely with Tara’s engineering team to drive product development and delivery.
- Build and iterate on current & future product roadmaps, and be instrumental in developing long-term technology/engineering roadmaps and deliverable schedules (in close partnership with engineering).
- Define the ideal current-and-future customer set, their problems, value propositions; strategic and compelling feature differentiation, competition, acquisition strategy, monetization strategy, and KPIs.
- Understand and own the unique customer problem (i.e., what the customer needs to accomplish).
- Help determine and execute a full go-to-market strategy to reach the addressable market.
- Own the UX; make product offerings useful, usable, and delightful.
- Develop personas of target users and ensure the product team spends plenty of time with real users within government agencies.
- Lead resource planning and product forecasting.
- Be the primary voice of the product internally and externally.
- Provide product information cross-functionally and outside the enterprise.
- Help evangelize, promote, and sell the product/s internally and externally via all appropriate means.
- Continuously articulate Tara.AI’s vision (view of the world) and how each product adds value.
- Be technically conversant and vocal about what can realistically be built and delivered.
- Write policies and procedures for the product management group and cross-functional collaboration.
Execution and Organization Building
- Clarify product decision-making policies and methods across functions.
- With key customers, establish mutual understanding that aims at long-term partnership.
- Track, analyze, and improve revenue, profitability, market share, and the ROI on technology investments.
- Help further develop Tara.AI’s insight and intuition about metrics by creating daily-use dashboards for a variety of metrics such as acquisition, engagement, and monetization.
- Help further define partnership strategies and success metrics. Develop, deepen and partner relationships.
- Recruit outstanding product and design personnel. Advance product management rigor and productivity, not just headcount and ratios.
- Has 8+ years of product leadership experience in growth environments
- Has built product management organizations that talented people thrive within and love.
- Is deeply familiar with the enterprise SaaS landscape and value-based sales methods.
- Has demonstrated success throughout product life cycles, including in the enterprise context.
- Is a mature, outstanding communicator and storyteller across diverse audiences and mediums.
- Is equally comfortable with web and mobile offerings.
What we offer:
- 100% healthcare coverage with Platinum medical and dental plans
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) policy
- Flexible work from home days
- Monthly parking permit is provided
- Fresh coffee and snacks at our fully stocked kitchen
- Regular happy hours, mixers and company outings
At Tara AI, we don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Tara AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.