Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
We are seeking a Lending Product Lead to create, lead and deliver our non credit card Lending and BNPL solutions. Your objective will be to rapidly expand our lending capabilities to meet core customer needs.
What you'll be doing
- Use your deep lending / BNPL expertise to establish a vision and roadmap
- Create thought-leadership and evangelize payments across the organization, as well as establish Varo externally as an important voice in the Lending industry
- Own the performance of Varo's Lending product suite: optimizing for meeting customer needs in terms of speed, convenience, and access, while controlling for fraud, operational costs, and cost of any 3rd party solutions
- Work with leaders across credit, data, engineering, design, UXR, marketing, risk, and ops to create innovative products for our customer base
- Establish commercial goals and KPIs for Payments, through analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Use data to optimize product performance, and identify opportunities
- Lead product managers who will be responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through launch and beyond
You'll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Deep experience with the lending and BNPL industry and passion for pushing the boundaries of technology
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather, structure, and analyze data to build high impact product recommendations and roadmaps
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive performance with stakeholders across the organization
- You understand Varo's customer base and are keen to build solutions that work for all customers, regardless of their background
- Strong execution capability, with experience of driving multiple products to market and to scale
- You have a founder mentality and are energized to be joining at the growth-stage
- You have 10+ years of experience in lending / BNPL product leadership or technology
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We're a new kind of bank - all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, Forbes' Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000's list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail careers@varomoney with the pertinent information and contact information.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.