Thomson Reuters is looking for a strong Product leader to help us build the future of work for skilled professionals. Thomson Reuters builds industry-leading software and information solutions that underpin the legal industry, justice system, and accounting profession. We also create software that ensures the efficient application of taxation across the world, supporting commerce and enabling the operation of governments and the economy. Our Accounting Tax and Practice solutions help to account customers serve their clients, manage their firms, and efficiently complete tax and audit tasks.
As Thomson Reuters continues to evolve our business, we strive to deepen our customer understanding, focus, and elevate our product portfolio, and continuously improve the customer experience. Our Product organization has recently embarked on an ambitious transformation journey. This will result in products and solutions that align with the most important needs of its clients and are successful by both customer and business measures.
About the Role:
As Head of Product and a key senior leader, you will be responsible for overseeing a comprehensive product portfolio with constantly evolving needs. You will instill in your team a strong sense of purpose, a vision for growth, a customer-centric mindset, and the ability to develop and ship leading-edge products. You will understand customer problems and lead a team to identify creative solutions to those problems. You will anticipate new technology trends in our market and understands how to apply artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, blockchain, cloud computing to our product roadmap. You will be a key owner of our growth plan, ensuring that our products retain their market-leading position.
The Product lines for this role include CS Professional Suite, UltraTax, ONVIO, Advisory, Audit, and Confirmation. Together, these products represent the most comprehensive line of integrated software and services available to tax, accounting, and audit professionals, from sole proprietors to large firms. They automate tax preparation and empower teams to work together with the speed and flexibility needed to keep pace in a fast-changing profession.
As Head of Product, you will report to the Chief Product Officer of Thomson Reuters and lead a team of experienced Product Managers around the globe.
You will have demonstrated success in leading world-class product teams. You will possess a broad business view and the ability to think through profitability while solving for market dynamics, customer needs, and the overall business strategy. You will be a proven change-agent and will demonstrate a track record of success around leveraging leading-edge technology solutions, overhauling product capabilities, and partnering effectively with stakeholders to drive business outcomes.
Setting Strategy and Demonstrating Strong Product Intuition
- Ability to define the strategy for a portfolio of products that bring clarity to an ambiguous problem space and get alignment with cross-functional leadership stakeholders to execute and dedicate resources to the plan.
- Effectively articulate an inspiring vision for the future of Accounting Tax and Practice, creating a shared purpose, excitement and energy for execution, and clarity for senior leadership.
- Creates innovative and compelling product ideas that clearly address customer problems and needs, are clearly aligned to the mission the company and reflect product principles that govern prioritization decisions
- Demonstrates deep customer empathy and is experienced in collaborating with designers and researchers and using design methods to explore and validate customer problems.
- Data-driven; seeks and analyzes data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
Executing for Results
- Displays a strong execution orientation. Collaborates across departments and with external partners to ship products on time and within expectations.
- Sets clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- Illustrates decisiveness and wisdom in the face of limited data while influencing others in a way that results in acceptance or agreement and drives the business forward.
- Identifies and solves potential problems in a creative and timely manner.
- Demonstrates success in attracting and recruiting top talent, motivating the team, celebrating diversity, and managing and rewarding performance.
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Displays self-awareness and eager to grow through feedback.
- Comfortable leading a team through rapidly changing circumstances, priorities, and goals.
- Overall responsibility for the successful execution of Accounting Tax and Practice products
- Creating a shared vision, roadmap, and strategy for Accounting Tax and Practice products and building consensus with cross-functional teams on priorities to execute against.
- Owning the end-to-end lifecycle for Accounting Tax and Practice products including product discovery, ideation, design, development, and market launch.
- Driving product development with a cross-functional group of engineers, subject matter experts, designers, data analysts, and user researchers and their leadership group.
- Driving innovation in the product portfolio partnering with R&D teams, machine learning and AI engineers, designers, and forward-looking customers
- Defining and achieving ambitious goals and targets for product teams in Accounting Tax and Practice using metrics that capture both product and business outcomes
- Negotiating and managing strategic partner relationships where applicable for the success of Accounting Tax and Practice products
- Being a visible leader in the industry to champion our products and tell our story
- Managing, growing, and inspiring a team of product managers and product experts.
- 15+ years of successful leadership of product management in a software or information business
- Experience leading a diverse, complex product suite while taking a customer-centric approach
- Deep familiarity around advanced technologies
- Ability to influence c-level executives with experience pitching and affecting major investments and significant shifts in strategy
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Required ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including globally
- BS/BA required, MS / MBA a plus