You will have demonstrated success in leading world-class product teams. You will possess a broad business view and the ability to think through profitability while solving for market dynamics, customer needs, and the overall business strategy. You will be a proven change-agent and will demonstrate a track record of success around leveraging leading-edge technology solutions, overhauling product capabilities, and partnering effectively with stakeholders to drive business outcomes.
Setting Strategy and Demonstrating Strong Product Intuition
- Ability to define the strategy for a portfolio of products that bring clarity to an ambiguous problem space and get alignment with cross-functional leadership stakeholders to execute and dedicate resources to the plan.
- Effectively articulate an inspiring vision for the future of Accounting Tax and Practice, creating a shared purpose, excitement and energy for execution, and clarity for senior leadership.
- Creates innovative and compelling product ideas that clearly address customer problems and needs, are clearly aligned to the mission the company and reflect product principles that govern prioritization decisions
- Demonstrates deep customer empathy and is experienced in collaborating with designers and researchers and using design methods to explore and validate customer problems.
- Data-driven; seeks and analyzes data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
Executing for Results
- Displays a strong execution orientation. Collaborates across departments and with external partners to ship products on time and within expectations.
- Sets clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- Illustrates decisiveness and wisdom in the face of limited data while influencing others in a way that results in acceptance or agreement and drives the business forward.
- Identifies and solves potential problems in a creative and timely manner.
- Demonstrates success in attracting and recruiting top talent, motivating the team, celebrating diversity, and managing and rewarding performance.
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Displays self-awareness and eager to grow through feedback.
- Comfortable leading a team through rapidly changing circumstances, priorities, and goals.
- Overall responsibility for the successful execution of Accounting Tax and Practice products
- Creating a shared vision, roadmap, and strategy for Accounting Tax and Practice products and building consensus with cross-functional teams on priorities to execute against.
- Owning the end-to-end lifecycle for Accounting Tax and Practice products including product discovery, ideation, design, development, and market launch.
- Driving product development with a cross-functional group of engineers, subject matter experts, designers, data analysts, and user researchers and their leadership group.
- Driving innovation in the product portfolio partnering with R&D teams, machine learning and AI engineers, designers, and forward-looking customers
- Defining and achieving ambitious goals and targets for product teams in Accounting Tax and Practice using metrics that capture both product and business outcomes
- Negotiating and managing strategic partner relationships where applicable for the success of Accounting Tax and Practice products
- Being a visible leader in the industry to champion our products and tell our story
- Managing, growing, and inspiring a team of product managers and product experts.
- 15+ years of successful leadership of product management in a software or information business
- Experience leading a diverse, complex product suite while taking a customer-centric approach
- Deep familiarity around advanced technologies
- Ability to influence c-level executives with experience pitching and affecting major investments and significant shifts in strategy
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Required ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including globally
- BS/BA required, MS / MBA a plus