Head of Procurement
We are seeking the Head of Procurement for a multi-billion dollar division of a Fortune 500 company in Houston. Relocation assistance is available.
This position will report to the Chief Procurement Officer and The VP of Operations. The role will be responsible for ~$1.5B of global direct material & project spend. This position will also engage Corporate direct material, Capital and Indirect centers of excellence to provide end to end support for the business. The position will manage a global team located in across the North America, EMEA, and APAC regions. Successful candidate must be willing to re-locate to Houston within a very short period. A high degree of travel both domestically and internationally will be required – up to 50%.
This position will be a key member of the business Leadership team and will actively engage with company Leadership to develop and drive the company's long-term Strategies and Annual Operating Plans. This position will provide strategic direction for procurement in alignment with business requirements to increase competitiveness, drive growth and improve bottom-line.
The position will partner with the leadership team to direct supplier qualification and development efforts and will have extensive knowledge of the contemporary procurement tools, practices and key items we buy.
YOU MUST HAVE
· MBA Degree/ Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
· Prior track record for developing high performing teams, elevating individual and team performance, and retaining a highly skilled team.
· Ability to work in a very fast paced, performance oriented, demanding environment, while keeping team motivation levels high
· Skilled in influencing, persuasion, negotiation, and problem resolution
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities in leading a global organization
· Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing sourcing strategic plans
· Skilled negotiator with fluency in contracts and pricing issues
· Business acumen to align sourcing initiatives to financial goals and customer needs and expectations
· Known and respected by the industrial and supplier community
· Experience directing procurement on a megaproject is a plus
· Experience in contracting strategies, cost plus, formula pass thru
Valid Through: 2019-11-1