Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Head of Privacy is responsible for developing and leading the firm’s Global Privacy and Data Protection Program with the goal of promoting compliance with all applicable laws and regulations globally, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The incumbent will have ultimate decision-making authority for all privacy matters impacting the firm. The incumbent will provide leadership, direction and functional expertise on the firm-wide Privacy and Data Protection Program and related initiatives. The incumbent will provide strategic direction for the firm on matters related to privacy and data protection, data usage, governance and regulatory issues related to existing and emerging technologies for a global financial services firm.
- Develop, implement and maintain the firm’s Global Privacy and Data Protection (including GDPR) risk management and compliance framework and governance operating model, with ultimate decision-making authority for all firm-wide privacy matters resting with the incumbent.
- Manage the firm’s privacy-oriented change programs that span multiple business areas.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the Firm’s Global Privacy and Data Protection policy. Advise Heads of all lines of business on development of related practices and procedures.
- Manage the firm’s privacy team.
- Interact with and provide reporting to senior management and Heads of all lines of business on privacy and data protection issues.
- In conjunction with Legal, serve a subject matter expert on all applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations globally.
- Lead privacy impact assessments firm-wide and monitor compliance with applicable data protection regulations and firm policies and procedures.
- Oversee the investigation and management of potential breaches/instances of non-compliance.
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or
- Associatedegree and 8years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- 12+ years of experience in privacy and data protection, including 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong experience implementing privacy and data protection programs
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive internal and external stakeholders to quick decisions in a collaborative corporate environment
- Demonstrated track record of influencing senior management on privacy and data protection matters
- Demonstrated strong program management skills, including ability to lead multiple work streams in a resource-constrained environment
- IAPP certifications preferred (CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- J.D. preferred
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer