SoFi is in the leader in creating innovative and transparent financial products, delivered with user-friendly technology, and supporting our customers (who we call members) with benefits to help them reach their financial and professional goals faster. We are looking for a leader to head pricing for its consumer financial services products, responsible for developing a pricing strategy across all of SoFi products as well as daily pricing of SoFi's student loan, personal loan, and mortgage products. The Head of SoFI Pricing and pricing team will provide market intelligence, drive pricing strategy, and conduct valuation. The ideal candidate will use an analytical decision process to build a dynamic pricing strategy in conjunctionwith both the engineering and data/analytics team that is focused on balancing revenue, profit, member lifetime value, and growth.
Pricing is a highly critical role in establishing and maintaining our competitive position while managing tradeoffs in marketing efficiency, customer service, credit risk and budget goals. The individual will be responsible for both the day to day oversight of pricing across all products and the individual and collective impact on the business as well as leading theroadmap for the development of a dynamic pricing model with robust testing methodologies. The individual will also chair our cross functional pricing meetings and present our competitive position, demand trends, and financial returns to theteam, as well as recommend changes when needed to maintain our position in our target member segments.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment withour members’ interests. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products and soon to be launched SoFi money a modern take on a checking or savings account. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent.
This full-time role is based in San Francisco, California.
- Manage complicated trade-offs of volume revenue and profitability with multiple competing cross functional priorities to achieve what's best for the business
- Clearly communicate decisions on pricing direction and expected impact on the business
- Monitor and report on demand and performance trends and adverse selection impacts
- Track market share and competitive position
- Develop and test pricing strategies to maximize conversion and revenue opportunity
- Build and maintain models to predict the effects of changes in pricing on volume and portfolio value
- Create the roadmap for a robust set of tools to support pricing optimization efforts
- Work as a team across Product, Marketing, Capital Markets, and Finance
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in a financial or quantitative discipline)
- 7+ years of consumer financial products experience with a focus on valuation a plus
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build complex models, SQL/R experience a plus
- Professional demeanor in handling topics like budget targets, competitive position, volume tradeoffs
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and lead and develop a team of professionals, both directly and indirectly
- Create a robust and auditable infrastructure supporting this function
- Inspiring company mission
- Amazing work environment in San Francisco, CA
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Generous paid time off
- Free lunch and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and dependents
- 401K and commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 / year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans