The Head of Pricing serves as the SHC thought leader on how pricing can balance generating sales demand and member value with effectively maximizing the value of inventory and achieving gross margin. The leader and the team collaborate across the business as well as creating their own expertise to create methodologies, tools, processes and effectiveness measures to best price products.
In addition, the leader will provide hands on expertise in data science and machine learning to help guide data scientists by being in the data, building strategy around the data, and executing with the team to hit targets anddeadlines. The scope of work includes regular, promotional and clearance pricing. The Head of Pricing will demonstrate a data driven/highly analytical mindset coupled with the ability to fosterpartnerships with BU presidents and be welcomed/viewed as the SME when pricing products.
- 10-15years of professional experience in a similar role
- MBA preferred
- Significant experience and deep understanding of Dynamic Pricing
- Comfortable working side-by-side with the data science team and confidently dive into the weeds of the data (previous experience as a Data Scientist is preferred)
- Ability to influence Senior Executives and articulate what the data is showing and how to turn it into business results for the Business Unit Leaders
- Develop both the longer-term pricing strategies and more immediate pricing tactics that will be used to produce better outcomes across the business across regular, promotional and clearance prices.
- In addition to sales, margin and inventory management, examine pricing through the lens of location, sales channel (online or store), member segment, and other relevant variables to provide additional insights on how best to give the right person the right price in a way that is right for the company.
- Create continuous competitive intelligence on pricing methods and actual prices with key competitors and products that most impact SHC businesses.
- Build and refine the pricing engine that automates business rules around pricing.
- Collaborate with business unit leaders as more than the head of pricing expert but a valued member of the their leadership team
- Partner with the businesses to understand their specific business contexts, provide insights on the effectiveness of their current pricing, and identify opportunities to better price.
- Maps all pricing touch points in the company and key inputs (including vendor deals and negotiations) with lead times. Works to reduce lead times where possible to allow for more agile price actions.
- Turn pricing strategies and tactics into easily executable solutions. Level business partners where needed.
- Maintain a list of key actions, status and results to gain alignment on status of execution at any time.
- Work with key stakeholders in marketing, finance, asset protection and other areas to understand potential impacts of work.
- Continuously Learn and Improve
- Rigorously examine results for impact and adjust methodologies based on outcomes achieved.
- Clearly communicate to business leaders and other stakeholders the status of pricing actions.
- Continuously test and learn against new approaches.
- Stay current on advances in techniques in pricing across retail and any other relevant areas.
- Provide any relevant insights to the businesses and formats that would inform merchandise assortment strategy.
- Lead a High Performance Team with Developing Talent for the Future
- Build, lead and develop a specialized, analytical team.
- Develop succession for future in key positions.
Req/Job ID: 926478BR