As the Head of Pricing at OnDeck, you will:
- Design and implement pricing strategies to optimize risk/reward tradeoffs for all of OnDeck’s lending products and services, including both those that are currently in market, and new products and services as they are introduced.
- Work cross-functionally with software development and core business teams to coordinate policy changes and rollouts.
- Monitor and evaluate the profit/loss impact of pricing policies, and use those lessons to inform continual improvement.
- Be a thought leader for other organizations within OnDeck—including for example helping software developers or product managers understand what they need to know about how pricing works in a lending environment.
- Recruit and manage a team of pricing analysts to support hypothesis-driven data analysis and analysis-driven decision making.
- Where required, manage external consulting resources for analytical support.
- Develop tools and initiatives to gain insights into the impacts of rates, fees, and other pricing constructs on the behavior of OnDeck’s customers.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- A strong analytical background with PhD level training in economics, behavioral science, or related field with quantitative focus (econometrics, applied statistics, or related). Professional experience in quantitative behavioral analysis may be sufficient in place of formal training.
- At least 5 years of professional experience managing teams, and developing and managing innovative customer-facing business strategies.
- Demonstrated aptitude with lifetime value estimation and unit economics tools.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Familiarity with analytical and causal inference techniques for experimental, quasiexperimental, and non-experimental data; comfort working with both small and very large datasets.
- Experience with hands-on leadership of projects involving R, Python, Stata, SAS, or other statistical computing tools.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience with postgreSQL databases
- Experience with “agile software development” frameworks.
- Experience working with small business owners, or as a small business owner yourself.
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.