As a Head of Portfolio Risk Management at OnDeck, you will:
- Report to the Chief Risk Officer and have complete responsibility for managing the following teams and functionsCollaborate both with their risk peers (Head of Acquisition Risk Management and Modelling and Head of Risk Frameworks, Governance and Controls)
- loss forecasting and portfolio monitoring
- portfolio credit strategies
- balance sheet optimization
- stress testing
- economic capital methodology
- funds transfer pricing methodology
- Initial areas of Focus:
- Rebuild of ALLL model and successful validation/deployment
- Enhancements of stress testing and simulation tool to allow greater input variation and usefulness for facility forecasting and more informative stress testing
- Development of next gen CLI and CLD treatments
- Development of EC methodology and deployment for pricing and UW usage
- Development of FTP methodology and deployment for pricing and UW usage
- Development of Statistical Process Control capabilities for portfolio monitoring and strategy tracking
Necessary qualifications for success:
This individual will have worked in senior risk leaderships positions in retail/SME shops where analytics and nimbleness are key business drivers. This is a value add role and not just a measurement or control function, so collaborative partnering while maintaining appropriate control structures will be a key capability. Highly analytic team composition so expertise in (even if not academically obtained) statistics, machine learning, linear optimization and n-space search as well as deem familiarity with modern financial services technology and functional risk needs.
A minimum of 10 years in increasingly senior and broader focused roles in retail and SME risk management of general management functions. Must have extensive experience managing at least 2 of the functions for which this role will be responsible in a mature/best-in-class retail/SME lending book.
Education minimums: will have completed graduate work in an analytically intensive field (Mathematics, Physics, Psychometrics, Statistics, and Economics) or have equivalent experience/credential
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.